IGNORED

Driver for very high handicapper?

Note: This thread is 6171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

why is loft our friend?

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

working your way up with cheap drivers is a waste of cash. you are constantly buying a new driver insted of buying a nice one. what you should do is get fitted and then buy the one that u feel the best with. because the cheap ones will never fit u correctly it will give u a worse tee shot. i used to do the same thing but now my old ones are just sitting in my basement collecting dust.(eg. Knights, Wilsons, and other no-names) and i cant sell them back becasue the are garbage.

I dunno how much you spent on drivers but it was no where near $100 total over the many years I bought them. I used a $40 driver for about 4 years.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

working your way up with cheap drivers is a waste of cash. you are constantly buying a new driver insted of buying a nice one. what you should do is get fitted and then buy the one that u feel the best with. because the cheap ones will never fit u correctly it will give u a worse tee shot. i used to do the same thing but now my old ones are just sitting in my basement collecting dust.(eg. Knights, Wilsons, and other no-names) and i cant sell them back becasue the are garbage.

I don't necessarily agree with that. It depends what you mean by "cheap driver". If you mean a $25 special from Wal-Mart then yeah, I can agree with that. OTOH, there are some very good "inexpensive" clubs out there that make great starter clubs. For instance, I am teaching one of my best friends to play this year. He is about my size so I gave him a spare set of Wilson K-28 irons I had. They are "player improvement" irons and like new. They measure close to the right lie and club length for him so it's a pretty good match. They have middle-of-the-road True Temper lite R flex steel shafts in them so that's a good match too. Even if he had to buy a set of clubs similar to them ($150-ish tops) it would make more sense than dropping $400-800 on a new set of name brand clubs just to learn the game. For his Driver and 3W, I got him a closeout special on these Hippo OS4 Woods . They are quality clubs and more importantly have a quality shaft in them, not the "wet noodle" shafts of dubious quality you get in a really cheap "Wal-Mart Special". Heck, I hit this driver at the range and was hitting the ball within about 5-10 yards of my TM R580-XD. Money well spent (or not spent) on a very inexpensive but decent quality driver for someone just learning the game and how to put a good swing on the ball. I'm all for using the best equipment possible, but buying good quality (but inexpensive) clubs is not such a bad idea for begining golfers. I don't think buying an expensive set and hoping it will last is a good strategy until a player has developed a bit of a game and can judge what will be best for them long-term. Just my 2¢

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

i didn't mean for him to buy a $500 driver. I just meant for him not to buy something that that wont do him any good. What i meant was for him to buy a used brand name club. Instead of him buying 3 $20 drivers in 5 years he should just buy a $60driver. (eg. http://www.globalgolf.com/Product/Go...172&gd;=3∣=4 )
TaylorMade makes very solid clubs and a pretty cheap online.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Note: This thread is 6171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!