IGNORED

Americans and Brits Shouting!

Jimmy3putts
Note: This thread is 4212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

You employed Asain's and speak some Mandirin, eh?

I bet you are the best boss in the world. But if you need any tips, look up 'David Brent' on Google - he'll help you.

I employed people of all races. One of my close friends who worked for me was a Kiwi, I later opened a business and appointed him my VP.

I said my employees said I was the best boss they ever had, never said the world.

I said I was a manager of largest Electronics branch they are now number two, Flextronics. Huge manufacturing plants hire Chinese, Vietnamese and hispanics as they work for lower wages and they excel in electronics. My wife is 1/2 mexican and 1/2 philipino and I hired 6 of her family members.

So yes, as you so elequently put...  I am american and made a point of learning their languages.

You can't really take anyone seriously when they are from a country that still implements kings and queens... even if they are just tabloid mish mash

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

You can't really take anyone seriously when they are from a country that still implements kings and queens... even if they are just tabloid mish mash

I think that you can take us seriously for this - being a Republican, I can say I'd rather that we had a more mature way of electing a titular figurehead, but as someone else once said, the American's do seem to love spending their hard earned cash visiting the UK in hope of seeing them. And you have to admit, she'g got a great ass. And it's not like we elected Reagan or Bush, is it? I mean, there's REAL stupid, right there.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

I think that you can take us seriously for this - being a Republican, I can say I'd rather that we had a more mature way of electing a titular figurehead, but as someone else once said, the American's do seem to love spending their hard earned cash visiting the UK in hope of seeing them. And you have to admit, she'g got a great ass. And it's not like we elected Reagan or Bush, is it? I mean, there's REAL stupid, right there.

Queen Elizabeth has a great ass?  Jeez, Monte you are nuckin futs.

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

Monte: you now come across as one of those narrow-minded, witlessly anti-american plonkers that it was my pleasure to avoid when I left England 30 years ago. I wasn't aware of meeting all that many in the quarter century I lived there, and none at Southfield GC as I recall (the difficult 3rd hole there put me off of goff for years, some fine views tho'). Perhaps this was partly because of my accent (Camberley/Maidenhead/Oxford). The brits get about more these days I believe - it was tough after the war and no mistake. But you do bring back memories, certainly ..... Are you old enough to remember Michael Foot or Wedgewood-Benn? Would they be more your cup of tea then? Maggie had them cold - she never dropped a hole against those guys. But for sheer entertainment value - none better than those two! :-)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Chas

Monte: you now come across as one of those narrow-minded, witlessly anti-american plonkers that it was my pleasure to avoid when I left England 30 years ago. I wasn't aware of meeting all that many in the quarter century I lived there, and none at Southfield GC as I recall (the difficult 3rd hole there put me off of goff for years, some fine views tho'). Perhaps this was partly because of my accent (Camberley/Maidenhead/Oxford). The brits get about more these days I believe - it was tough after the war and no mistake. But you do bring back memories, certainly .....

Are you old enough to remember Michael Foot or Wedgewood-Benn? Would they be more your cup of tea then? Maggie had them cold - she never dropped a hole against those guys. But for sheer entertainment value - none better than those two!

Gee thanks Chas, for those well-chosen kind words.

I would not have tagged myself as narrow-minded, having travelled and lived abroad and being educated, but ya know, perception is a strange phenomena. I just don't eat the shit I'm sometimes served up, Chas. I think that's the Antipodean in me though.

I have an accent which is part Thames Estuary, part-Australian.

I remember Michael Foot, although not as well as you - I've read his autobiography -  he was a bright man in a duffle coat. AWB was also a bright man, if not a tad barmy. Kinnock...now there was a clown.

Odd about Thatcher - the revisionism of her continues, the most recent chip off of her reputation was her sickening use of the Hillsborough Disaster for her own political gains. That is what retrospect does, I'm afraid - all your mistakes come out. Ask Davis Love III.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by bigwave916

Quote:

Queen Elizabeth has a great ass?  Jeez, Monte you are nuckin futs.

I am sure he started this as a battle of wits and once everyone started shoving back he changed it to "goofing" so he doesn't appear so stupid.....

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I am sure he started this as a battle of wits and once everyone started shoving back he changed it to "goofing" so he doesn't appear so stupid.....

With all due respect, I waited for the wits to show up - they never did. I guess this is what's known as 'witless'.

Have another go - like I said to Dave, I can do this all day.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Despite the implication in my post (Britain in the 50's, 60's even), ime* global travel does not correlate well with broadmindedness (P>>0.05), even to the Antipodes. Cod and chips can be consumed anywhere (though best on a soggy Daily Mail), and I was always told that bangers and mash were almost as greatly consumed per capita in Majorca as at Butlins ..... Never been to either mind you, just 5th form talk. Seriously, I was referring to the impression you were giving recently, even if mostly in jest. Not very productive on an american golfing forum. I mean, should I spend time on a British golf forum and really lay it on thick - the cheap caricatures I mean? Trust me, I've got a lot of memories to draw on and I'm betting I could seriously challenge that famed british sense of humor. Not that I'd consider doing it for a moment of course. But then again ..... * of others, of course:-)

4-hybrid:

I have an accent which is part Thames Estuary, part-Australian. I remember Michael Foot, although not as well as you - I've read his autobiography -  he was a bright man in a duffle coat. AWB was also a bright man, if not a tad barmy. Kinnock...now there was a clown.

You may not have been there but you're mostly right about Foot and Kinnock. 'The Iron Lay' has the look down rather well (Foot's of course). And Heseltine was simply brilliant. Lost on most Americans of course, understandably. I haven't thought about Neil in ... oh ... almost 40 years ..... :-D Kinnock was to Maggie (as a world figure and agent of domestic change, deserving of respect) what Carter was to Reagan I suppose. Or what Chamberlain was to Churchill. Just mo. Part Thames Estuary, part Oz? OK, now I AM intrigued. The mind is slightly boggled ...:-)

4-hybrid:

Monte: Please attach audio file. This will help us determine level of mick-taking, for one thing.

4-hybrid:

Originally Posted by Chas

Despite the implication in my post (Britain in the 50's, 60's even), ime* global travel does not correlate well with broadmindedness (P>>0.05), even to the Antipodes. Cod and chips can be consumed anywhere (though best on a soggy Daily Mail), and I was always told that bangers and mash were almost as greatly consumed per capita in Majorca as at Butlins ..... Never been to either mind you, just 5th form talk.

Seriously, I was referring to the impression you were giving recently, even if mostly in jest. Not very productive on an american golfing forum. I mean, should I spend time on a British golf forum and really lay it on thick - the cheap caricatures I mean? Trust me, I've got a lot of memories to draw on and I'm betting I could seriously challenge that famed british sense of humor. Not that I'd consider doing it for a moment of course.

But then again .....

* of others, of course:-)

Majorca, or rather parts of it around Deia and Soller, are really very nice. Just don't go where the unwashed, tattoo'ed British go - they just ruin it. As do the Germans and Scandinavians, they, frankly, are just as bad these days.

I really don't care about impressions - **** impressions. I'm happy to have a polite and well-thought discourse. I'm equally happy ripping into people when they are arrogant, rude,obnoxious and stupefyingly idiotic.

Trust this assists. MtD.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

And you're also suffering from tinitus.

Would you be referring to tinnitus by any chance? I do get it sometimes but it doesn't affect my game. How about you sport?

4-hybrid:

Originally Posted by Shorty

English is #3.

You are a prime example of the stereotype that people in other countries abhor.

Noone thinks you should learn another language - just a few phrases - and realise that if you are in a  foreign country where English is not the main language, speaking loudly and slowly does not help that much when you refuse to even try to acknowledge that your French or whatever is poor. It's the unsmiling, brash and selfish foreigners that people in other countries despise. Walk into a store in New York and start speaking Arabic or Chinese and then double the volume when the assistant can't understand you and see what sort of reception you get. ANd some [eople have the gall to call the French "arrogant".

English may be #3, but it is the "international language."  There's no debating that.  That's why it's the official language of air traffic control, for example.

I think most Americans buy a phrasebook and learn a few phrases when visiting other countries.  I know I did.  However, a phrasebook doesn't get you very far.  You pretty much have to restrict its use to phrases that have one word answers such as "how much?"  Anything requiring a more lengthy answer isn't going to do you any good as the person rattles off the answer in their native tongue.

What's interesting is that when I've been in France, the response I most often got to the question "Parlez-Vous Anglais?" is "Yes, of course."  Many of them don't want you to ask them in English, but they're insulted if you ask them if they know English.  Go figure.

Of course if you go out into the countryside of France, you'll find a far greater number of people who speak only French.  Wow.  How arrogant of them.  After all, they might encounter a citizen of another country some day and if they weren't arrogant, they'd have made the effort to learn a few words of whatever language they might encounter.  Of course, that's ridiculous.  They don't speak other languages because they only interact with French speakers.

Originally Posted by dak4n6

This thread is disgusting.

Erik????

I am starting to think he might be on hiatus...

Note: This thread is 4212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!