IGNORED

Golfing Alone?

trutrojan8
Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many of you guys golf alone, and how often? I usually only go when my friends can go too, but I'd like to go often [since they can only go once a week]. Is it any fun going alone, or does it matter?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about going out to my local muni in the morning to play their early bird special (9 holes for 16 with a cart). My golfing buddies will probably not be able to make it, so I am probably going to go out by myself one of these days. I think it will be fun.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I'll usually golf two or three times a week by myself. It's more fun golfing with some buddies but golfing by yourself is just as good too. Most of the time when I go by myself I tend to play better, it just seems to make it easier to forcus on just golfing and nothing else. Bring the ipod or soemthing but only use one ear phone so you can still dodge golf balls when people are yelling fore. I find golfing by myself once in a while to be more enjoyable than anything. enjoy

Driver:Titleist 905R YS6 Stiff
3 Wood: Mizuno F-50 15 Degree
Irons 3-9: Nike Pro Combo Tour
Wedges: 48,52,60 Titleist Vokey Oil Can
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5Ball: Pro V1

If there's a group of like 2 in front of you, isn't it polite for the group behind you to join the group of 2? Because If I decide to golf alone, I'd want to golf alone, and not be with strangers.

Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

I've done it plenty of times, it's fun. But I agree I do not want to be paired up with strangers. If I'm alone I try to go when I know the course is empty. That way I can play 2 balls.

When I play by myself I usually let people play through if they happen to catch up. I like to enjoy myself when I'm by myself so if the round takes a little longer letting people play through its fine. Just let them play through and if they ask you to join just tell them you feel like playing by yourself that day.

When I play by myself I usually let people play through if they happen to catch up. I like to enjoy myself when I'm by myself so if the round takes a little longer letting people play through its fine. Just let them play through and if they ask you to join just tell them you feel like playing by yourself that day.

If you were to let the group behind you play ahead, would you just like yell to them, 'please pass me,' or would you make some sort of hand gesture?

Sorry about all these questions.. I'm still new to the game

If you were to let the group behind you play ahead, would you just like yell to them, 'please pass me,' or would you make some sort of hand gesture?

if you're riding, just finish the hole and wait in your cart. if not, just carry your bag to the next tee box and wait. they'll get the hint when they walk up and see that you're just sitting their waiting on them.

What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I usually let them jump ahead of me on the tee box. If i already hit my tee shot and I'm playing my second shot and see them on the tee box I'll finish the hole and wait for a couple minutes on the next tee. If they seem to be playing fast I'll wait and let them play through on the next hole but if they are playing slow and you can stay ahead of them I"ll tee off on the next hole. If you feel like they are rushing you let them play through so you don't have to rush your shots to stay ahead. Just use your best judgement

I would like to go golfing myself sometimes, because my buddies would choose sleeping instead of golfing. Actually I always go ski myself during the winter, but I don't have guts to play golf alone yet.

You can let them pass anywhere really. If you're in the fairway and they are waiting on the tee, you can still let them pass-- just try to make distant eye contact with them and wave them through. Then get out of the way, but in a position where you can still see where their ball is going.

i play 9 hole after work alone often. im never teh only person alone either. there are always other lone golfers on the weekdays. get out there by yourself if you feel like it. it really does help keep your head in the game. the only bad thing is no one gets to see your good shots.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I play by myself more than I play with friends. I usually try to hit soft spots in the schedule, but I'll also to show up and get paired up sometimes. I've never had much of a problem playing with strangers. I've just joined the local muni and will be playing 3-4 mornings a week. I'll be on my own at first, but I'm not thinking they are going to let a single off every morning so I'll probably get paired up and hopefully find a regular group.

In my bag -

MacGregor V-Foil 13º
Lynx Fairway Metal 18º
TM SuperSteel Burner 3-PWSrixon I-201 56ºPurespin Wedges 52º & 60º

I would like to go golfing myself sometimes, because my buddies would choose sleeping instead of golfing. Actually I always go ski myself during the winter, but I don't have guts to play golf alone yet.

Try it sometime you wont be dissapointed. It's easier to try different things out on the course when you are by yourself and you don't have to worry about slowing up anyone your playing with and it's a lot easier to focus on just your game and not watching someone else hit there balls.

One other thing, I would like to start walking the course, but my playing partners never want to, don't know why they are always complaining that they don't get enough exercise (me too, thats why I want to walk) and my regular partner said he did enough marching in the Marines. I think if I head out by myself in the morning, I can get some waking in. The local muni is pretty flat so I won't have to worry about sweating unless it is really hot out. Anyway if need be, I can run home and change. I don't know how buzy the it will be at that time, but I imagine I will be able to head out by myself.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Try it sometime you wont be dissapointed. It's easier to try different things out on the course when you are by yourself and you don't have to worry about slowing up anyone your playing with and it's a lot easier to focus on just your game and not watching someone else hit there balls.

oh yeah .. definitely gonna try it this week if they answer my phone call again like "hey man I will call you when I wake up......ZzzZzZzZzz"

i almost always play better alone. probably for a couple reasons. 1) I play much faster and the course is usually empty so you never wait and 2) I can be more focused and i definitely manage the course better.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Golfing alone is fun, it gives you time to focus on your game and to give you a chance to fix things in your game, unfortunatly my club is so stupid that im not allowed to golf alone..
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!