IGNORED

Best Callaway Clubs

Note: This thread is 6936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

aight, my grandpa just gave me a 10 degree Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye driver, and seeing as how my entire bag needs to be the same brand if possible, i was wondering what the best clubs to back it up would be. I have been looking at the fusion irons, but im not sure if the cost would be worth it for my price range and what not. also, what woods, the fusion woods look good, but what about quality and results. another thing i thought about..if possible, was getting like a 2-5 or 3-5 in heavenwoods and then 6-wedges in the irons...is that possible...legal?

Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye 10*
Lions set 3, 5 wood, 3-PW
Ping Anser 2i

Soon to be Callaway Big Bertha Fusion woods, irons, and wedge(s)

Once I also "believed" that your entire bag should be the same brand; heck, even shoes, gloves, everything

Nowadays I simply get what works for me. So you might want to consider other manufacturers as well (unless you're devoted to Callaway, of course )

Driver: Wilson DD6
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Mizuno MP-33
Wedges: Mizuno Tour Style 52/7 and 56/11
Putter: Ping JAS Anser

QUOTE: Max - "...and seeing as how my entire bag needs to be the same brand....."

Er,Why ? I thought the idea of the game was to play good,ie: the best you can,not have identicle branding throughout ? Seriously unlikely that every product from one manufacturer is going to suit you personally.

Max,do YOURSELF a favour and get whatever works best for YOU.You'll thank people for telling you this......

Good luck and happy golfing.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

obsessive compulsive disorder...or atleast i think i have a mild case of it....as far as why everything has to be the same brand

Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye 10*
Lions set 3, 5 wood, 3-PW
Ping Anser 2i

Soon to be Callaway Big Bertha Fusion woods, irons, and wedge(s)

Unfortunately, some of us may never get the opportunity to see what different clubs work well with us. Pro Shops are not on every corner around here.

I'm a newbie golfer, but I would bet golf is like anything else. Find a good club that feels nice, and MAKE it work for you. I am a believer that while some equipment can be better rated than others, its the PLAYER that counts. I once took $2500 out of a NJ pool hall shooting with house wood. The brand of stick didn't matter. I knew how to use it.

Find a reasonable set of clubs, make them work for you and enjoy!
In my Arsenal.
Driver: R580 9.5°
Irons: Nike CPR Steel 5-PW
Woods:
Nike T40 3 Fairway Nike T40 5 Fairway Hybrids: Nike CPR 22° Nike CPR 26° UST Irod ShaftSW: Nike 55°Forged Chrome SeriesPutter: Nike Blue Chip putterBalls: Nike One or Callaway Warbirds

If you're looking to go all Callaway, consider used clubs. callawaygolfpreowned.com (I think that's the URL) is a used club site operated by Callaway. With the Hawkeye driver, I'd suggest a couple Hawkeye fairway woods (titanium with tungsten sole weight like the driver, very good performers that I used for years), maybe some X-12 or X-14 irons (the best two models of the X-series, IMO). If you go with the X-14 irons, the wedges from the set are pretty good, and the X-14 pro series wedges are excellent (designed by Roger Cleveland, but still match the cavity-back design of the rest of the set).

And if you're going ALL Callaway, maybe an i-Trax putter. Or an Odyssey, since Odyssey (and Ben Hogan and Top-Flite) are owned by Callaway. Good luck!

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a set (3-PW) of x-14 pro series with stiff rifles I'm selling, let me know if your interested

8.5 TM R7 TP, Aldila NVS stiff
14 PING TISI TEC, Grafalloy Tour stiff
16 TM Rescue, Aldila NV stiff
3 - PW PING S59 Tours
52 Mizuno MP T Black Ni57 Mizuno MP T Black NiMacGregor Bobby Grace M5K

Note: This thread is 6936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!