IGNORED

What happens when you crank the driver up.

Ballsndrama
Note: This thread is 4243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Razr Hawk or the better sounding Razr Fit?

No, they don't build them to break. I mean, they build them in China, what do ya' expect? Quality depends on the factory and the supervision.

It kills their reputation to make breakable drivers, although you hear more about breakage over the last couple of years.

Nobody really makes them to break, but at times they design them poorly. However, it doesn't mean that the operator is responsible for the failure. Quality depends on supervision, yes. But it also depends on quality control, design, materials used, and the overall process design.

The assembler could be doing everything right according to Standard Work, but the materials used are either out of spec or "under-designed."

Its too easy to just blame the guy who had a hand in assembling the product.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

was a Razr Hawk Tour. I really do think its the best driver I've owned even after it breaking. Although i might stop practicing as much with it on the range. I always just thought a golf club would last forever even getting pounded everyday. Guess not.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,

Had my Razr Hawk tour explode on me Friday. 10th tee box at Shula's Miami. It sounded like it exploded. Called Callaway, hope I have a better result. Have to get serial number off the club and call back.

Originally Posted by NHcasey

Man what a crappy thread to find 4 weeks after buying a Razr hawk

When you consider the huge number of drivers they sell, you will see these stories.   With that said,  I'm sure there is a 98% chance that your driver won't crack.

If it does fail, just hope it does so in the first year!!  If not......., Callaways best offer is to sell you a new driver at a slight discount

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Called Callaway and they where very helpful. I must admit that i was very impressed when UPS showed up Yesterday with my new driver.Callaway has hit a homerun with this customer.  Makes me a proud Callaway golfer. I recieved the driver in two days.

I can relate to the broken driver thing for sure. Years ago I broke a Cobra driver (when Cobra was Cobra)  The Titanium face cracked near the weld at the top of the club.  The driver was about a year old. So I tried to get Cobra to replace it but they said it was too old (I suppose that means out of warranty) and didn't offer a discount on  a replacement.  My personal feeling was it was either a design or manufacturing flaw.  So I just didn't buy Cobra anymore.  Too many good brands of clubs around to get hung up on a single brand.  I replaced the driver with a Ping Rapture driver and I still have it in the bag.  Great club.

Butch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

If it does fail, just hope it does so in the first year!!  If not......., Callaways best offer is to sell you a new driver at a slight discount

According to their website , the warranty on a new Callaway club is for 2 years.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ballsndrama

update. Callaway did good and sent me a brand spankin new driver. Very pleased although its still made in china and assembled in mexico. lol

The shafts of my Pings came from Viet Nam!! Didn't make me happy given I visited that place many years ago and don't have found memories!

The shafts of my Pings came from Viet Nam!! Didn't make me happy given I visited that place many years ago and don't have found memories!

I have the Aldila shaft, and snapped it off clean at the hostel twice. I explained that I was doing happy gilmores to the salesman and PING replaced the shaft with no questions asked. Second time, I was warming up with the driver, taking short to long swings. I got distracted by a person walking by, and ripped the hosel into the ball. The ball and driver head went about 150 yards. Again, PING replaced my driver no questions asked. I am sold on PING. I also like the feel of the RAZR when I tested them at Golfsmith. Nice clean sound. But I owe PING, so my next driver will probably be another PING.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!