IGNORED

2012 NFL Season

jamo
Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by boogielicious

It was only one game for Kaepernick.  Remember Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs last year in one game and he is on the bench.

Yep. Now teams have film on him.

Detroit got hosed by the refs on Thursday.  There is no excuse for allowing that touchdown.  Goodell claims the rules are set so the correct call gets made, but that was a giant f-up.  Forget about the replacement refs, this was the worst call in the last decade.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Detroit got hosed by the refs on Thursday.  There is no excuse for allowing that touchdown.  Goodell claims the rules are set so the correct call gets made, but that was a giant f-up.  Forget about the replacement refs, this was the worst call in the last decade.

i wouldnt say that but it was a pretty bad call... it would have been reviewed if Jim Schwartz would have known the rules. He even said "thats on me" after throwing his flag like an idiot. If I'm not mistaken, Jim Schwartz was the one who made a bid deal about the "end of the game handshake" last year and hosed a head coach for not knowing the rules. He cost the Lions the game and it was not the first time. He is just as undisciplined as the rest of his team.

• Upvote 1

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

I still don't understand that rule - scoring plays are automatically reviewed...unless the coach throws a challenge flag then they won't review it?

In other words, it will be reviewed unless it is asked to be reviewed.

What is this, Kindergarten?

No it will be reviewed either way but the coach threw the flag before the play was over. That was my understanding. But yes you are right... it is pretty much kindergarten. NFL has some flaws and it seems to get worse and worse. I was watching the Rams vs Cardinals yesterday and a flag was thrown after the referee saw that the player was hurt. He waited to throw the flag until the player remained on the ground after getting hit. They should really figure out which rules they are going to enforce and how they are going to do it instead of letting these players control the game. Seems like every time a WR drops a pass all he has to do is waive his arms around and complain to the refs to get an interference call. BS if you ask me.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Well now peole it's two games against one tough D and another on the road in a very hostile environment! Kap is the man in SF now and hopefully this continues. Yes Smith is an ok QB but Kap has potential to be great.

Go Niners

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

i wouldnt say that but it was a pretty bad call... it would have been reviewed if Jim Schwartz would have known the rules. He even said "thats on me" after throwing his flag like an idiot. If I'm not mistaken, Jim Schwartz was the one who made a bid deal about the "end of the game handshake" last year and hosed a head coach for not knowing the rules. He cost the Lions the game and it was not the first time. He is just as undisciplined as the rest of his team.

Im glad somebody else remembered when Schwartz yelled across the field to Harbaugh about "knowing whats ok to challenge and what's not."

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Well now peole it's two games against one tough D and another on the road in a very hostile environment! Kap is the man in SF now and hopefully this continues. Yes Smith is an ok QB but Kap has potential to be great.

Go Niners

Looking forward to the Rams vs Niners rematch. Should be interesting.

Im glad somebody else remembered when Schwartz yelled across the field to Harbaugh about "knowing whats ok to challenge and what's not."

I definitely remember it. It came back to bite him in the ass.

Looking forward to the Rams vs Niners rematch. Should be interesting.

I am also. One thing thats true when these teams meet you have to throw out the records. Especially after that tie a couple weeks ago, there is plenty of bad blood remaining. And for the love of my sanity please watch out for the _______ fake punts! I expect alot of pad-popping come Sunday

I am also. One thing thats true when these teams meet you have to throw out the records. Especially after that tie a couple weeks ago, there is plenty of bad blood remaining. And for the love of my sanity please watch out for the _______ fake punts! I expect alot of pad-popping come Sunday

Lol thats Fisher for ya. I've seen quite a few of them this season. And yes there will be some high emotions I'm sure. I just hope the Rams can get out of this nasty slump they have been in over the past few years. Although we do look a "little" better than normal. Bradford has the right stuff just needs some help. We're coming together though especially with Jeff Fisher.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Damn I think the Eagles might be the worst team in football. Such a mess of a season.....ughhh

Nah I still think the Raiders still hold the title of worst team in football.............Philly has the talent, maybe it's just time for Reid to go?

Nah I still think the Raiders still hold the title of worst team in football.............Philly has the talent, maybe it's just time for Reid to go?

Im thinking the same thing. Reid needs to go along with Vick. Signing him to 6 years was probably not a good idea. Im not a big fan of the Mike Vick / Cam Newton type QB they just always seem inconsistent. RG3 is having a good year just the same as Cam did last year but it will come to pass just as all the other "running" qb's do.

I think the running QB can work but it will take a special type QB to pull it off. Most running QB's like to rely on their athleticism too much. (Thats how you get hurt Mike Vick) But guys like RG3, and Colin Kap can actually throw the ball with accuracy. Gimme a QB who can run as opposed to a running QB like Steve Young and you can win.

Yea I guess you are right about that. A qb who "can" run but they do not rely too much on it. I think RG3 will get figured out soon enough though. I may just be skeptical because of Cam Newton. He was supposed to be an elite qb but it didnt work out. Maybe its his attitude thats holding him back.

Yea I guess you are right about that. A qb who "can" run but they do not rely too much on it. I think RG3 will get figured out soon enough though. I may just be skeptical because of Cam Newton. He was supposed to be an elite qb but it didnt work out. Maybe its his attitude thats holding him back.

He looked pretty darn elite Monday night against Philly. Two TD passes/Two TD rushing.

And FWIW, RG3 looks a lot like Cam did last year.

He looked pretty darn elite Monday night against Philly. Two TD passes/Two TD rushing. And FWIW, RG3 looks a lot like Cam did last year.

I don't want to argue about elite, because everyone's definition will be different, but.... the Eagles defense made Cam look really good. Why the Eagles, with 2 of the best cover corners money can buy, continually set up in this zone strategy where neither one of the corners look to be covering anybody. Asomugha looks lost. There were numerous occasions where Panther receivers were running around uncovered. I mean WIDE open by NFL standards.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!