IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Joakim

Please don't use the lords name in vain.

Please don't join the forum 3 days ago, post 92 rants about the same exact nonsense, and then try to judge other people.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

Please don't join the forum 3 days ago, post 92 raynts about the same exact nonsense, and then try to judge other people.

Ironic, the only rants which were a few was in response to posted rants. I did not judge, I believe it was a polite requhest. Frankly the verbage here calling people idiots, moronic, stupid,  etc., etc., is defined as a rant. I can only recall one rant that I sent but please give some reference to any other rant, like page number, post number, etc.

I've been here under other names and other blogs. Maybe it's just the Ryder cup competition but the morality boundries and rants are more prevalent than any blogs I've seen.

Please don't join the forum 3 days ago, post 92 rants about the same exact nonsense, and then try to judge other people.

Ironic, the only rants which were a few was in response to posted rants. I did not judge, I believe it was a polite requhest. Frankly the verbage here calling people idiots, moronic, stupid,  etc., etc., is defined as a rant. I can only recall one rant that I sent but please give some reference to any other rant, like page number, post number, etc.

I've been here under other names and other blogs. Maybe it's just the Ryder cup competition but the morality boundries and rants are more prevalent than any blogs I've seen.

Maybe it's just it brings out our inner passion or something, guys.

I actually don't think Joakim's request was all that bad though, was it k-troop? It wasn't hugely judgemental. I'm Christian myself but that sort of thing doesn't bother me one jot. Might be my religion but it's not necessarily their's so a comment like that means little or nothing to them - just a turn of phrase and nothing to worry about. Heard Tiger say exactly the same thing once which surprised me a bit, but generally it's not worth worrying about. Just my opinion, clearly.

Pete Iveson

Just to bat away any - no way Tiger would have said that posts before they surface, what does he say at the end of this? As I say, no problem with it myelf, he was just really annoyed. Anyway, back to the RC........

Pete Iveson

On the Euro v US Tours

- US Tour obviously has far bigger prize money (which is, lets face it the biggest draw).

- The majority of the top European players play to a worldwide schedule as previously stated. For some reason very few US players do this - a couple come over and play in the odd event, where they are presumably on big appearance money

- The atmosphere on the Euro tour is definitely more friendly than on the European Tour - which I think helps in the Ryder Cup

- There are plenty of good players on both sides

- There are plenty of good players on both sides who would struggle if they moved - look at Uihlein - he is I think Top 30 on eth Challenge Tour and made maybe 1 cut out of 6/7 on the main tour

- The European Tour is far far more varied - the courses, conditions etc vary far more than on the US Tour. The US Tour seems to be essentially a parkland target golf in pretty good conditions - the Euro tour is far more varied from week to week

- The European Tour is harder in the sense of travel, visas, currency, language, food etc - it is a more difficult if varied experience - US Tour is much much easier in this regard

- While the US Tours obviously have stronger fields, particularly at the top end - I reckon that plenty of th emiddle ranked US players would really really struggle with the Euro Tour - its a great grounding

- One isn't better than the other - just different

Please review the comments from Monte and honestly ask yourself in this isn't ranting. I have always thought highly of the British and UK countries.

I had no idea that the British held such a low regard for USA. I thought you were our allies but now I see a deep seeded disdain, maybe jealousy.

Every time we debate our move from Ryder, we get a terse reply. Move on, you just got beat by a better team, blah, blah, blay.

If you don't like our debate then provide constructive input without the sarcasim. Below are Monte's remarks, this takes a friendly competition to an inflamatory fued.

If you all feel this way about US, then don't come over here and we'll do the same.

Monte the Bear

Direct quotes.....

About your language...basically what you are saying is that because you only interact with other English speaking persons, you can't be bothered. Look, that's arrogant. You really have no excuses other than "I cannot be bothered. I'm too fat and lazy and this couch is too comfortable".

Please. In three weeks time (if you have not started a war with another set of Arabs), I'll be in the Middle East on business. In a place where, believe me, they dislike Westerners.

And, for the benefit of the disabled. I'll repeat my position.

Dave, nice post, but look, there won't be an investigation result. It's done. You ****ed it up over there.

Valleygolfer, if you are too dumb to acknowledge that this type of behaviour is not good for the game, I feel bad for you

BTW and FYI, probably the worst sets of Football fans in the world are located...in the Americas

Monte I don't argue with idiots. I merely state the same thing over again in different ways to you. You are a unhappy person that perceivably (sp? ) hates people different than you in any way. You sit behind your computer thinking you are so witty and smart, breaking your arm patting yourself on the back on how you are "winning " arguments or irritating people so well. It reality it only clarifies the truly "dumb" one here.

Oh yeah. You're woman are fat. How's that for the next argument? I mean, REALLLY FAT. Gargantuan. Vast. Sea Monsters. Tug Boats.

You are an idiot and I can feel your idiocy beginning to sap the life out of my frontal lobe.

Dave, take time to wipe that little bit of foam that's running down your chin and try to think. I know it's hard, but try.

You are one myopic fool, Dave

You choose to live in Arizona, in Phoenix, which tome is a desert-bound shithole, filled with rednecks. Each to their own. Yours could be worse: you could be a shithole like Flint or Newark or Trenton or Akron.

God I hate pussies who bitch on and don't give credit where it's due.

As for the likes of you, stay over there. You'd only pollute our courses.

Many of us think Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes, along with Mr Rumsfeld.

And I think history shows that you were / are much more inclined to 'stick your noses into other peoples business' globally

I'd make a GREAT ambassador: do nothing but get invited to parties and sort out a few idiots who have lost their passports

People don't hate Americans because of their lifestyle. They hate you because everything you do is about you.

Pheonix a crime ridden hellhole filled with rednecks...awesome you should have deleted him from you memory at that point. jeez he didn't even mention the mexicans....he must realize somebody needs to cut the grass and take care of the pools!!

fatamercanfamily.jpg

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Fuzzy Zoellor

That would be entertaining - don't think it would happen though.

I think Larry Nelson may have had his time - it's between Freddie Couples and Justin Leonard. I think both of these men have the right qualities.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Nosevi

Just to bat away any - no way Tiger would have said that posts before they surface, what does he say at the end of this? As I say, no problem with it myelf, he was just really annoyed. Anyway, back to the RC........

I never heard that and if I was there I would have said to Tiger, Please ' You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain. ' #THREE of Ten Commandments.

Thanks and God Bless,,,

I never heard that and if I was there I would have said to Tiger, Please 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.' #THREE of Ten Commandments.

Thanks and God Bless,,,

Joakim, it's nice that you believe in God. I have a question for you: do you think Jesus was the scruffiest man in history?

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Joakim, it's nice that you believe in God. I have a question for you: do you think Jesus was the scruffiest man in history?

I believe he was the son of God, as we all are. I just can't buy into that the only way to heaven is believing in Jesus. The new testament was written, I Believe, 300 years after he died and was  written by mankind. There are many other religions that are move devout and I can't see God descriminating against true devotion. I do believe the ten commandments came from heaven, I do believe he sent Jesus because he realized no one can live up to all the commandments.

I believe everything happens for a reason and for the better and pray that I've done well enough on earth to be welcomed into the kingdom of heaven.

I also believe that the US will win the 2014 Ryder cup:)

Originally Posted by Golf Man

On the Euro v US Tours

- US Tour obviously has far bigger prize money (which is, lets face it the biggest draw).

- The majority of the top European players play to a worldwide schedule as previously stated. For some reason very few US players do this - a couple come over and play in the odd event, where they are presumably on big appearance money

- The atmosphere on the Euro tour is definitely more friendly than on the European Tour - which I think helps in the Ryder Cup

- There are plenty of good players on both sides

- There are plenty of good players on both sides who would struggle if they moved - look at Uihlein - he is I think Top 30 on eth Challenge Tour and made maybe 1 cut out of 6/7 on the main tour

- The European Tour is far far more varied - the courses, conditions etc vary far more than on the US Tour. The US Tour seems to be essentially a parkland target golf in pretty good conditions - the Euro tour is far more varied from week to week

- The European Tour is harder in the sense of travel, visas, currency, language, food etc - it is a more difficult if varied experience - US Tour is much much easier in this regard

- While the US Tours obviously have stronger fields, particularly at the top end - I reckon that plenty of th emiddle ranked US players would really really struggle with the Euro Tour - its a great grounding

- One isn't better than the other - just different

Comments like this have no place on this thread, please take you common sense and perspective elsewhere

Please review the comments from Monte and honestly ask yourself in this isn't ranting. I have always thought highly of the British and UK countries.

I had no idea that the British held such a low regard for USA. I thought you were our allies but now I see a deep seeded disdain, maybe jealousy.

Every time we debate our move from Ryder, we get a terse reply. Move on, you just got beat by a better team, blah, blah, blay.

If you don't like our debate then provide constructive input without the sarcasim. Below are Monte's remarks, this takes a friendly competition to an inflamatory fued.

If you all feel this way about US, then don't come over here and we'll do the same.

I think you might be taking Monte's comments a little to heart. Just get that feeling. Yes, reading down that list there may be a few things a little close to the bone, my advice - ignore them. Sure he doesn't really mean it, do you Monte? (For crying out loud don't say you do .... ) Look Joakim, we don't all feel like that, not even close, I dare say some people over here do and I dare say some people over there feel that way about us, it's the way the world is, but I wouldn't let it bother you. I think the phrase is "rise above it".

Anyway, Golf Man, I actually think you make some good points one of which is the variety of courses and conditions our guys play on the  European tour. Everything from manicured courses over in the states and perhaps one or two other places, to wind swept links courses up in Scotland. It's probably happened before but when was the last time on the PGA tour that play was suspended because the balls were being blown off the green? That's kind of why I said Gleneagles was our best chance of winning in a long time - was a bit tongue in cheek but there was meaning behind it. Regardless of what happened this time round I do think Gleneagles is our best chance of doing well just because of the courses and conditions our guys play in on the European tour.

Interesting also the difference between the European tour where the players do tend to all live together, travel together, dine together etc as opposed to what I've been told about the PGA tour. Is this the reason why our guys sometimes appear to gel together more easily - they already know each other as friends not just as fellow competitors. DL3 decided that everyone on the US team would stay in the same partnerships (believe that is right). You can debate that one way or the other but the simple fact is that's not a restriction that would even have occured to Olli, or any European captain for that matter - all the players know each other extremely well.

Regarding Golf Man's last comment - "One isn't better than the other - just different" thats the way I see it. I'm a little at a loss as to why guys keep posting up that the European tour is inferior in terms of player quality when our guys who jump across so that they are playing both tours (very few actually leave the European tour whatever you guys think) do seem to do fairly well over there, you have to admit.

As to why we keep winning the Ryder Cup, not sure. I think there is something to be said for the way in which our guys gel, the fact that they tend to be playing for each other and especially the captain rather than for something more abstract like their country or continent (Monty's words, not mine). I also think our boys do seem to put it on the line and risk loosing in order to win - I'm not talking going for the short par 4 in one or not, I'm talking having the confidence to take the putt because they KNOW it'll go in, and thus accepting the consequences if it doesn't. When it all started to slide how long were the US guys taking over putts? It was almost like they daren't hit the thing with the second, third and fouth guessing that was going on. I'll exclude Keegan Bradley from that last comment, obviously.......

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Comments like this have no place on this thread, please take you common sense and perspective elsewhere

Pete Iveson

Yes, very droll ..... I hope this thread doesn't go the way of Americans Shouting. I suggest that posters try to demonstrate some mature reflection on the RC. Openly acknowledging posting under multiple names says a lot about the poster. Even more creative ways to blame DL3 for the failure of the U.S. team to close out the RC would at least be a step in the right direction. Did anyone watch Sneds on Sunday? What happened to his game exactly?

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Nosevi

I think you might be taking Monte's comments a little to heart. Just get that feeling. Yes, reading down that list there may be a few things a little close to the bone, my advice - ignore them. Sure he doesn't really mean it, do you Monte? (For crying out loud don't say you do ....

Of course not.

Well, some of it.

Look, this Ryder Cup was about putting, end of. The course itself was a joke, a scandal of a set-up. In the first few days, the US team were able to take their time on the greens, had their team-mates around them and lined up the putts. The US were better at putting than us, destroyed us on the greens. We were looking at a shellacking.

On the third day, the putts just didn't drop. Simple as that.

As for the Americans under-estimating the Euopean tour, let it carry on. We're 9-7-2. End of story.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

I believe he was the son of God, as we all are. I just can't buy into that the only way to heaven is believing in Jesus. The new testament was written, I Believe, 300 years after he died and was  written by mankind. There are many other religions that are move devout and I can't see God descriminating against true devotion. I do believe the ten commandments came from heaven, I do believe he sent Jesus because he realized no one can live up to all the commandments.

I believe everything happens for a reason and for the better and pray that I've done well enough on earth to be welcomed into the kingdom of heaven.

I also believe that the US will win the 2014 Ryder cup:)

Thanks for this. Good luck to you.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

Fuzzy Zoellor

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

That would be entertaining - don't think it would happen though.

I think Larry Nelson may have had his time - it's between Freddie Couples and Justin Leonard. I think both of these men have the rightequalities.

This is a big concern to me. I can't see a strong captain for Gleneagles. I think USA needs to reconsider one term captains and they are considering it. Go with what won

before... Paul Azinger.

Azinger, 52, broke Europe’s stronghold on the cup by leading the Americans to victory in ’08 at Valhalla. He probably would have come back to lead the Americans again in ’10 if he had been asked, but the PGA doesn’t bring captains back anymore.

By bringing Azinger back, the PGA has a chance to outsmart the Euros and give the Americans an early advantage.

Would Azinger be willing to reprise his role?

“I wouldn’t rule it out,” Azinger told Golf Channel this week. “I just don’t know. If I were to be asked, I would probably consider it.”

Of course not

To what end, then? If attempts at humor, how can I put it gently old bean ... not exactly Monty Python, Monte. The other likely motivation old chap ..... even worse. This thread can really benefit from the Euro perspective on what happened in Chicago. Please carry on with that if you've got more to add. Agree about the putting. Who was it that misread a middle distance putt on the 17th or 18th by about 9 ft? Was it Stricker or Furyk? Unbelievable at that stage in proceedings.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!