IGNORED

Newsflash - Golf should not be performed between the ears - Discuss

TakeItOnTheChin
Note: This thread is 4227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Oh no, that is not what I meant.  Certainly, I have conscious swing thoughts while I am playing.  In fact, right now, because I'm taking lessons and going through a lot of swing changes, I have more than I used to.  I meant, just as I believe you meant, that IDEALLY you will not have your brain interfering with your swing while you are playing.  In a perfect world, you will be able to shut out everything and put yourself "in the zone" to execute the shot.  None of this "just don't hit it in the water" gobledegook that likes to pop up in the heads of us lowly amateurs.  I'm am not there, but I strive for that.

Yes it’s a constant battle for us all. I take each shot as it comes and I try to win each and every small battle, one at a time. I focus on a single intention for every shot and although I haven’t won the war, I’m getting closer.

However, you indicated in the opening that you should practice like that as well.  That is what I disagree with.  You can't practice something if you are not conscious of what it is you are trying to practice.  That's why most golfers at the driving range are wasting their time ... because they are just mindlessly banging away at balls.

Not me. My favorite drill is hitting 50yd pitches and trying to hear the ball landing – without following the ball of course. It really improves my feel for what my body is doing through and after impact. I now understand why blind people have much sharper hearing, feeling, smelling and tasting skills than people with all five senses.

Not sure about the fawn, but while it's true that walking is an unconscious act for us humans ... it certainly isn't for a 1 year old who is first learning.  They are consciously trying to figure out how to move and balance themselves.

They are conscious that they are trying to learn to walk but I just can’t agree with the bit about “ consciously trying to figure out how to move and balance themselves.

Either you have never had kids or you have fathered or mothered an android with a positronic brain.

Originally Posted by TakeItOnTheChin

They are conscious that they are trying to learn to walk but I just can’t agree with the bit about “consciously trying to figure out how to move and balance themselves.”

Either you have never had kids or you have fathered or mothered an android with a positronic brain.

Well, it was a fun game while it lasted.

Bye, Patrick.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by inthehole

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Hey, what's the first name of that famous center who used to play for the New York Knicks? Ewing was his last name. What was his first name again?

LOL - busted

Heheh.

Golfingdad and Clambake, as well as the other forum leaders/supporters were the true sleuths here.

But this forum never ceases to crack me up.

Constantine

Quote:

Heheh.

Golfingdad and Clambake, as well as the other forum leaders/supporters were the true sleuths here.

But this forum never ceases to crack me up.

AYSOS?

Patrick is as Patrick does.

Constantine

[INDENT][/INDENT][quote name="TakeItOnTheChin" url="/t/62484/newsflash-golf-should-not-be-performed-between-the-ears-discuss/36#post_775347"] AYSOS? [/quote] Yup.....something, but we're surely not stupid.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yup.....something, but we're surely not stupid.

Then answer me this...

Why are amateurs trying to swing like tour pros when they know the pros have spent tens of thousands of hours honing their skills and continue on a full time basis and the ordinary golfer expects to find these mechanics with one to two hours practice per week - at best?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yup.....something, but we're surely not stupid.

Then answer me this...

Why are amateurs trying to swing like tour pros when they know the pros have spent tens of thousands of hours honing their skills and continue on a full time basis and the ordinary golfer expects to find these mechanics with one to two hours practice per week - at best?

Oh Patrick, you cuddly little sociopath.... we already went over this already, didn't we? As in, your very first post on this forum.

Constantine

Oh Patrick, you cuddly little sociopath.... we already went over this already, didn't we? As in, your very first post on this forum.

Firstly, the question was directed at David in FL and secondly, try answering the question - we already went over this already, didn't we? - for once.

Patrick, what makes you think this time around will be any different?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Patrick, what makes you think this time around will be any different?

BTW the name's TIOTC-57.

I read the thread that was apparently my post and that particular question didn't get answered.

BTW the name's TIOTC-57.

I read the thread that was apparently my post and that particular question didn't get answered.

Is your HC really a -7.3 ? Is that USGA or another?

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Then answer me this... Why are amateurs trying to swing like tour pros when they know the pros have spent tens of thousands of hours honing their skills and continue on a full time basis and the ordinary golfer expects to find these mechanics with one to two hours practice per week - at best?

Nope. Rule number one. Don't feed the troll.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I am very proud to say it is 7.3 and its European based.

I look forward to getting there. I have to have less than 7 (USGA) to play in our local state am tournament. Back in February of this year I had a HC of 24, and as you can see I've been taking strokes off. I think my lowest HC was a 15, but I was probably 15 when I had that and of course I quit playing for about 20 years.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Originally Posted by Jeffrey71

I look forward to getting there. I have to have less than 7 (USGA) to play in our local state am tournament. Back in February of this year I had a HC of 24, and as you can see I've been taking strokes off. I think my lowest HC was a 15, but I was probably 15 when I had that and of course I quit playing for about 20 years.

I wish you all the best. I find the golfers who have a definite but realistic target are the ones who make the quickest and most lasting improvements. You do however have quite a way to go. The best advice that I can give you has already been discussed on this thread.

Note: This thread is 4227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!