IGNORED

Who has a lot of draw in their swing? how do I fix this?!

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive been golfing for about 2 years now and have a tendency to draw the ball I hit a nike VRS 9.5 degree driver stiff shaft and 4-PW Callaway Razr X Black, Stiff shaft. Let me know!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

Learn to fade.

That's about all I can offer since we know nothing about your swing. Your driver, yes. Swing, no.

So if you don't like drawing the ball, which makes you an extremely tiny minority (who doesn't want to draw the ball?), learn to hit a fade.

Its hard to say, do you also hit pushes? basically the cause of a draw is a closed club face, and or an in to out swing. If your hitting pushes your swing in to out and not closing the face, if you duck hooking it, your in to out and flipping it shut... if you hitting a push fade your swinging in to out and holding it wide open... of course many of these things could be caused by setup, stance... and on and on.

I have a tendency to hit pushes and hooks with the driver, I get too inside and get stuck... been working on getting my hands in front of me and freeing up the swing... I like to hit a baby draw... this is what I work toward, but there are a lot of holes out there that require a fade... so knowing how to fade is important IMO. knowing how and executing are to different things, thus I am a 10 handicap.

• 3 weeks later...

i went from a nice draw to a lot of draw to a nasty hook regardless of club. pretty much out of control in the beginning of this year. had to force myself to learn how to hit a fade to fix it. now im so afraid of hooking, i only play a fade

Assuming your grip is OK, try standing just a little further away from the ball. I am only guessing but it might be your left elbow is crammed into your upper body. When that happens your hands will rotate prematurely. When you set up make sure your arms hang straight down naturally, to slightly extended away f om the body. Don't stand so far away you have to reach for the ball, but you do not want to be crammed up to close either. Also make sure you are set square to square so that your foot line, knees, hips, and shoulders are square to the target line and in parallel. Also check you grip to see if it is too strong or the club sitting too deep into your hands.

Play the ball two balls further up in your stance.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!