IGNORED

My Swing (Dremeber)

Dremeber
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 active months, spread over 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: EGA 54, havn't plaed 18 holes yet. Will do tomorrow.

My typical ball flight is: not consistent

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Topping the ball, also to much slices

Playing with a 7 iron. Video was taken, 2 months ago, when I did re-start playing golg after a stop of a year.

There is much room for improvement.

For the moment, I'm trying to start the hip movement just before the backswing starts.

Videos:

Grip is too much in the palm of your left hand.  Just makes things harder, like getting to impact with a flat left wrist.  Important to understand since you're relatively new to the game and some new players get the idea that address and impact look the same.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the input. Will try the next time when I'm on the driving range.

Today I will play for the first time 18 holes. So maybe not the best time to try it today. Will be though enough with the change in grip.

Will let you know how it works out.

While I know that my swing is far from perfect and a lot of work is needed to get it to an acceptable point.

I do want to show you all where I'm coming from. The video was shot in September 2011 after my first 2 or 3 lessons.

My swing was so bad that even I don't have fingers enough to sum up all the faults

Also I adjusted my grip according to the tips above. Not enough to see major improvements but on the other side it doesn't feel strange, so I think I will get quickly used to it.

Cheers,

Dremeber

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!