IGNORED

Donald Trump Challenges Obama.... Stephen Colbert responds with a counter!

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Trump may be many things, but stupid is not one of them.

No, he's definitely stupid.  Either that, or he consistently feigns stupidity for some covert reason.  Maybe to pander to his followers?

There are multiple kinds of stupid.  I know plenty of people with high paying jobs that are pretty stupid on multiple levels, not to mention ignorant.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Save the children, feed the children, put the children on child apprentice.  Whatever.

Looks like Youtube took down the original video... So here it is for those that missed it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bplewis24

No, he's definitely stupid.  Either that, or he consistently feigns stupidity for some covert reason.  Maybe to pander to his followers?

There are multiple kinds of stupid.  I know plenty of people with high paying jobs that are pretty stupid on multiple levels, not to mention ignorant.

Funny, of all the people I know that are very successful in business, not one of them was stupid. I may have disagreed with some of their opinions, or their tactics, but never did I think they lacked intelligence.

And so it is with Trump.  He is an expert of self-promotion. He rarely does anything that does not attract attention to himself, whether in business, real estate, television, building golf courses, etc. And so it is with this latest "offer" to Obama.

It would have been interesting had Obama actually produced the transcripts or records that Trump asked for, then demanded the $5 million on the spot.  Wonder why he didn't.

Probably because he realizes, like most people, that Trump is stupid...and you don't encourage stupidity.

Probably because he realizes, like most people, that Trump is stupid...and you don't encourage stupidity.

If it were offered, you wouldn't take $5 million from someone you considered to be stupid?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I think Obama ignored the request because he has already supplied a birth certificate (under similar scrutiny). And the new request from Trump is in the midst of a major re-election campaign. And this new 'challenge' from Trump isn't going to win him any votes (of significance) by supplying such documentation. Really, if anything - Trump looks like the a-hole for blowing this up like he has. This is coming from a guy who enjoys watching Celebrity Apprentice - and gets a kick out of Trumps antics.

I think Obama ignored the request because he has already supplied a birth certificate (under similar scrutiny). And the new request from Trump is in the midst of a major re-election campaign. And this new 'challenge' from Trump isn't going to win him any votes (of significance) by supplying such documentation. Really, if anything - Trump looks like the a-hole for blowing this up like he has. This is coming from a guy who enjoys watching Celebrity Apprentice - and gets a kick out of Trumps antics.

I agree about Trump, but why not take him for $5 mil?

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by David in FL

I agree about Trump, but why not take him for $5 mil?

Because Presidents shouldn't negotiate with idiots.

Trump should donate that $5m to Sandy relief efforts instead of being a third-rate carnival barker.

Because Presidents shouldn't negotiate with idiots. Trump should donate that $5m to Sandy relief efforts instead of being a third-rate carnival barker.

Interesting. I've just never heard so many reasons not to take $5 mil from someone and donate it to charity. Oh we'll, I'm sure there's a good reason.

In David's bag....

Interesting.

I've just never heard so many reasons not to take $5 mil from someone and donate it to charity.

Oh we'll, I'm sure there's a good reason.

There's excellent reasons and you know what they are, David. You're too smart to act dumb.

If it were offered, you wouldn't take $5 million from someone you considered to be stupid?

If there were disrespectful and even racist undertones like there are with the Birther and now Trascripts/Passport movements and I was already a millionaire, probably not.  If somebody randomly offered $5MM to see my transcripts I wouldn't hesitate.  But we both know that would never happen.

If I was Obama, I probably would have held a presser to publicly request that he donate the $5MM to help with the Sandy relief effort regardless of transcripts.  It would probably be the best political move he could make, which is what all of this is about anyway.

Quote:

Interesting.

I've just never heard so many reasons not to take $5 mil from someone and donate it to charity.

Oh we'll, I'm sure there's a good reason.

I think I found the reason for the Donald's ire. Go to the 3:00 mark.

It's best to ignore the Donald in an election year.

And didn't you notice, or did you choose to ignore, that the Donald says everything must be to his satisfaction.

Are you kidding?

The President is an intelligent man, and intelligent people ignore the Donald.

Why?

Because the Donald is only interested in one thing - himself and publicity.

Obama gave him neither.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think I found the reason for the Donald's ire. Go to the 3:00 mark. It's best to ignore the Donald in an election year. And didn't you notice, or did you choose to ignore, that the Donald says everything must be to his satisfaction. Are you kidding? The President is an intelligent man, and intelligent people ignore the Donald. Why? Because the Donald is only interested in one thing - himself and publicity. Obama gave him neither.

Funny, but it still begs the question.....why would a democrat pass up the opportunity to spend someone else's money? After all....that's what they do best!

In David's bag....

Funny, but it still begs the question.....why would a democrat pass up the opportunity to spend someone else's money? After all....that's what they do best!

Ah, if that were only true, our deficit might be half of what it is today. But sadly, over the last 30 years or so, including Reagan, Clinton the Dem was the only one to draw a surplus one year.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ah, if that were only true, our deficit might be half of what it is today.

You don't reduce the deficit by spending.....

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Ah, if that were only true, our deficit might be half of what it is today. But sadly, over the last 30 years or so, including Reagan, Clinton the Dem was the only one to draw a surplus one year.

Facts are stubborn things :-)

But sadly, over the last 30 years or so, including Reagan, Clinton the Dem was the only one to draw a surplus one year.

[quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/62889/donald-trump-challenges-obama-stephen-colbert-responds-with-a-counter/18#post_782304"] Facts are stubborn things :-) [/quote] Yes they are.....but The Washington Times explains quite succinctly that this particular contention is nothing but myth. Sorry.... http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/6/clinton-gingrich-and-the-balanced-budget-myth/

In David's bag....

Funny, but it still begs the question.....why would a democrat politician pass up the opportunity to spend someone else's money? After all....that's what they do best!

There - fixed it for you David.

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!