IGNORED

Nike ONE platinum

Note: This thread is 6705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Our Nike rep stopped bye yesterday and dropped off a bunch. I got 4, so I'll be trying them out today...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

We got some in yesterday, and I hit them in our shop. As far as feel goes they feel great and are very durable. I am going to play them tomorrow and will let you know.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

I'm a bit sceptical of these without even hitting them yet. Usually I like a ball that I can "cut" with my fingernail. These covers seem pretty hard. But, if Tiger uses them...

Well, upon second inspection, forget what I said above.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Geez Nike makes a good ball! I didn't have too many opportunities to truly test spin control 'cause our greens are just getting over being punched, but the platinum certainly feels good coming off the clubs. I'm a little hesitant to use these full-time cause I know Nike is really puching the limits on ball comformity. I don't want to get used to this thing if it won't be legal in a year or two.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm a bit sceptical of these without even hitting them yet. Usually I like a ball that I can "cut" with my fingernail. These covers seem pretty hard. But, if Tiger uses them...

Yeah, Looking at Tiger now days sometimes you cant be proud to play the ball he has. And didnt i just read that he didnt make this weeks cut.

I am usually a Titleist ball guy.

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

Yeah, Looking at Tiger now days sometimes you cant be proud to play the ball he has. And didnt i just read that he didnt make this weeks cut.

I don't really care who plays the ball, it's all about putting for me. I run out of my Nike One's and picked up a sleeve of Prov1 and Prov1x to "try them out". Prov1 was close to the same feel, but shorter on full swing, but prov1x felt terrible off the putter, keeping up with the distance of Nike's. By the way - that's the One Black I'm talking about. I'll try platinum as soon as I get my chubby fingers on it

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
I bought a sleeve of these last Saturday to try out. Honestly, I can't believe Tiger plays these "rock" hard balls. I'm sure technically they're better than TopFlight XL's, but as far as feeling goes off a hit..horrible. I can't see anyone who plays a 3 or 4-piece marshmellow play the Platinum ONE.

Also the dimple pattern is unappealing to me for some reason. I guess I'm just used to uniformity in dimple design and not a bunch of different sized dimples on the ball. It gave me a "cheap" look to it..just me.

I ended up giving the other 3 guys in my group a xmas gift and gave them one each..told them this is the ball Tiger plays..oohh's and aahh's..lol

If the Platinum is this hard are the Nike BLACK or GOLD any different?

I bought a sleeve of these last Saturday to try out. Honestly, I can't believe Tiger plays these "rock" hard balls.

With his swing speed over 120 I doubt it's rock hard for him. Like the Pro V1x you need to have a higher swing speed to get better results out of it

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was just surprised it didn't have that "soft" layer/feel to it..even the PV1X had a softer feel. I can't see how the Plat One could be fun to putt with either being harder than those other balls.

Note: This thread is 6705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!