IGNORED

Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Golf Ball - Anyone Else Not Happy With Their Performance?

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tried these balls last week and again yesterday and quite frankly was very disappointed with them, maybe since I expected more. I had bought them in orange flavor along with some Wilson Smartcore Orange balls for this time of year with the leaves down.

The Wilson Smartcore which I looked at as a very low budget ball was better for distance, flight and landing, not amazing long off the driver just adequate, but it flew off the face of the irons. As far as the Wilson Fifty goes where do I begin, driver distance was short and not straight,the balls flight was alarming,  the ball was poor off the irons as well and by the time I putted I could care less about what it felt like off the putter face. These balls were about $1.20 a piece and certainly not worth half the price.

I have used Wilson Staff products since beginning the sport last year and am very pleased with my CI9 Irons, DXI fairway wood and hybrid and like the following balls: wilson staff X1 distance, the first ball I used and Wilson Staff Zips, a really good ball IMHO that I can not say enough good things about. I think they are real close to the Gamer V2, a little softer, maybe not as far off the driver but really good off the irons and around the greens.

I know there are some fans of the Wilson Staff Fifty out there but I am going to write to Wilson and see what they say, anyone else have a similar experience?

• 3 weeks later...
Heard back from Wilson today, I had offered to send back the remaining 9 out of the dozen Elite Fifty's, but did not want them they are sending me a dozen Wilson Staff Duo golf balls to try out. Nice touch to get some duos was interested in trying them out, had thought they would send me a different batch of the elite fifty's. All in all it's always nice to get some good customer service.

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!