IGNORED

Please help!!......Titleist 712 AP2 vs. Nike VR Pro Combo

BennyLJ
Note: This thread is 4150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am the newest rookie of the Sand Trap and would REALLY appreciate some expert opinions before I make a decision on my next set of golf clubs! Here's my situation....

Just started golfing this past summer and caught on very quickly, much to the disbelief of some of my more seasoned golf partners. I have been using a cheap set of Nicklaus clubs and want to upgrade before next season and really get serious about my golf game. I am currently stuck between a used set of Titleist 712 AP2s and Nike VR Pro Combos.....Both appear to be in similar used condition, probably rated about 8-8.5 out of 10. The AP2s will cost me about 600$ while the Victory Reds will cost me about 550$.

First of all, what are your honest opinions when it comes to buying used clubs? Secondly, which of these iron sets would you lean toward if you were me?

Thanks in advance...Anything you reply with will be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there, welcome to the Sandtrap ! Personally I would go to your local golf shop and hit both to see what feels better before making any purchases...but if not possible then I would go with the AP1s, great irons and will hold their value longer.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!