IGNORED

December 13th Platform Release Notes

iacas
Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

We've got the last big release of 2012 coming this Thursday. It's got a ton of good stuff.

Here's the summary:

• Invisible mode support for mobile
  • Mobile image lightbox
  • "Jump to top / bottom" in mobile
  • Related content in mobile
  • Mobile All Sponsors and individual sponsor pages
  • Faceted article type search supported in mobile search
  • Ability to search for anchor URLs and title terms with search prefixes
  • Modification to flagging dialog
  • Link to first unread post is now a virtual link rather than absolute
  • Galleries added to site map
  • Bug fixes

Invisible Mode support for mobile

In the first mobile release, we had only two settings available for users to modify.  In this release, we're adding another to allow a user to change their invisibility status.

1UgHv.png

Mobile image lightbox

Mobile images are getting some love in this release as well.  Now when you click on an image on your mobile device, a lightbox will open, showing you a full screen version of the image along with the username of who uploaded it.

So let's say you come across this image and you want to see it as big as you can...

9u8P8.png

...you click it and that opens up the light box...

RGJZs.png

The lightbox shows you who uploaded the photo (top left) and the number of photos you can swipe through in the lightbox (lower center).  So you swipe and you go to:

bBZmZ.png

Then you rotate your phone to see the blue jellyfish in all their glory and...

wJmlb.png

The image rotates and fills the screen.  Also notice that the count and uploader information will disappear until the user touches the screen again.

Jump to top / bottom in Mobile

Sometimes you want to jump around.  Specifically to the top or bottom of a long page so you don't have to swipe on your mobile device forever.

We're adding a few "jump to top" and "jump to bottom" These jumps are available on thread pages, the New Posts page, the Where I've Posted page, and the Posts by User page.

Here's the "jump to bottom":

NoWJR.png

This will take you to this portion of the end of the page:

tjXGx.png

If you scroll all the way down to the footer, you'll see the "jump to top":

uw8Lf.png

Related content in Mobile

On thread and forum pages, you'll now see additional threads and articles that are related to the page you're on.  This content will appear below the parent forum / New Posts links:

tdauw.png

Clicking on the Related Discussions header will take you to a full page showing even more good stuff to click on:

v2wUu.png

Back on our thread / forum page, below the Related Discussions block, you'll see a Related Articles block:

qPJyi.png

Please note that both of these sections are collapsible:

6Xdfs.png

Mobile All Sponsors and individual sponsor pages

Another mobile feature we're adding this round is support for the All Sponsors page and individual sponsor pages.

The All Sponsors page will show all premium insiders at the top of the page, each with a premium insider label, their logo, an about blurb (if provided), a link to their individual sponsor showcase and a link to their website.

Below that, logos and links to the individual sponsor showcases will be presented for all regular sponsors.

3xSwX.png

The individual sponsor page will show the sponsor logo, about blurb, featured content and action blades to subscribe to the brand, visit the company website, visit the company pages on Facebook and Twitter (if provided).

syzTE.png

We're also adding Sponsors to the site nav:

oyRiu.png

Faceted article type search supported in mobile search

A few releases ago we added the ability to call out specific article types into their own search sections. We've added support for this in mobile search as well.

Ability to search for anchor URLs and title terms with search prefixes

With this release, you'll be able to search for anchor text URLs by prefixing your search term with 'inurl:[search terms]' (i.e. "inurl:google").  This is functional for both basic and advanced search.

You'll also be able to use the prefix 'intitle' to search for title terms (i.e. "intitle:cool").  If you'd like to search for multiple terms, your terms must be enclosed in double quotes after the prefix.

Modification to Flagging dialog

In this release, we're cleaning up the flagging dialog to streamline the process as users and spam squads help alert your moderation teams to issues around the site.

To start, we're removing the "Severity" drop down while leaving the "Reason" drop down the same.  Here's what users will see:

XXx2B.png

We're also making some changes to the dialog for Super Spam Flaggers.  First, we're changing the wording for the super-spam-flag checkbox which currently says "Mark as held?"  Instead of that somewhat unclear verbiage, the checkbox will be labeld, "Hide and hold for moderator review".  Here's what it looks like:

LSZRU.png

We appreciate it quite a bit when people who can "superflag" spammy posts do so and mark it as held. Please don't reply to spam. This next paragraph should make it even easier for those of you who do this:

The next big change for the Super Spam Flaggers is that now when they select "Spam" as the reason, the "hide" checkbox will automatically be checked.  If they chose Other or Prohibited as the reason, the checkbox will stay unchecked by default.

Link to first unread post is now a virtual link rather than absolute

Previously the "View first unread" link in threads for logged in users was an absolute permalink to a specific post.  Now we've changed it to a virtual link (/forum/newestpost/[threadid]).  When a user clicks the button, it will take them to the same place but now if a user wants to bookmark the link, it will always go to whatever the newest post is.

Galleries added to site map

This isn't a feature that many users will notice but it is one that Google will notice.  In this release, we're adding a new section to the site map to include galleries, each gallery category, and any community albums in that section.

Fixed Bugs:

• 4154: Replies to moved threads bump the crumb left behind in the original subforum
  • 9238: Username validation missing on "Invite Friends" PM on social groups page
  • 9998: Links in side announcements break when created in BB code editor
  • 11522: BB code editor font size dropdown placing font size outside of the code brackets
  • 11538: "Required in registration" profile questions cause error when misconfigured
  • 11552: Blue background is present instead of action menu sidecar in Android 2.3
  • 1163: Gallery image search results not correctly sorting for recency
  • 11859: "Where I've Posted" in mobile should link to "I've Posted" mobile version rather than "Posts by User" page
  • 11839: Message indicating this photo is part of a thread/article is missing on filtered by User album view
  • 11856: Images in classifieds overlap when screen is at minimum width
  • 11787: Users cannot change avatar after it's changed by a mod or admin

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Add Groups to the site nav like they did with Sponsors.

Everything else looks great. Nice job!!

FWIW this update occurs later today. :) I'll pass along the Groups idea, but I think they're aware of that one already.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Jump to bottom sounds nice. In my regular browser I can open multiple tabs and use bookmarks, but that's a but annoying on my iPhone so I have been using the "New Posts" button on the bottom of the page, but since I've got posts per page up higher than normal that can lead to a lot of scrolling. Jumping sounds like it will fix that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!