IGNORED

Does anyone know where to find a good sports psychology course?

Note: This thread is 4117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys i'm getting a bit sick of searching but does anyone know where I can find a REAL sports psychology course... I cant seem to find anything but cheap junk sites that look like my grandma slapped together. I'm sure others would be interested in finding the same thing! Help appreciated

Thanks, Ive checked out Mr Cohns stuff. Joined his membership a couple of years ago and got access to some articles. Was disappointing tho, I paid like $150 and got access to articles promoting other products. I would still be interested in checking out the CD's he has. They might be ok? Have you check out the confident athlete etc? Thanks for the post also. :D appreciate it.

Check out Amazon for books, you can find some good ones there. You could just get some basic psychology text books and learn the basics first as a background as well. Sometimes trying to understand specifics is tough with out the general concepts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by thevisualizer

Thanks, Ive checked out Mr Cohns stuff. Joined his membership a couple of years ago and got access to some articles. Was disappointing tho, I paid like $150 and got access to articles promoting other products. I would still be interested in checking out the CD's he has. They might be ok? Have you check out the confident athlete etc? Thanks for the post also. :D appreciate it.

I bought his book "Peak Performance Golf" and skimmed through "Going Low" at a bookstore. I didn't pay for a membership, although I signed up to get his emails every once in awhile which sometimes include ebooks on golf-related subjects.

Originally Posted by thevisualizer

Guys i'm getting a bit sick of searching but does anyone know where I can find a REAL sports psychology course... I cant seem to find anything but cheap junk sites that look like my grandma slapped together. I'm sure others would be interested in finding the same thing! Help appreciated

I haven't found a REAL sports psychology course, but Bob Rotella's book "Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect" helped me a lot. His follow up book "Golf Is A Game Of Confidence" is a bunch of anecdotal junk about how good his first book and his work with golfers. I recommend the first book very highly but I feel my money was wasted on the second.

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

Thanks guys. I guess I just have to go out and buy some books. Does not help that I'm a bit obsessive... I will end up starting a thread on here publishing my findings! ;)

found a book called THE WINNERS BIBLE! looks pretty good. The guy teaches F1 drivers sports psychology :D might help the golf i reckon.

Certain colleges have a Sports Psychology course, often in the Psychology dept. rather than in Phys Ed. Courses in Economics of Sports would touch on similar topics, although at a societal rather than individual level.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!