• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shankie

Hybrid help

3 posts in this topic

[RIGHT]Need help with understanding the hybrid[ Hit 7 thru sw just fine 5-6 irons a bit of a struggle so thinking hybrids for 6 and 5 and 4 but what to get hybrid iron Or hybrid wood or a rescue or what. I like to practice with 6 iron and get that down better but 5 iron just dosent work to well. (why is it so much harder to hit 4-6 irons then 4-6 hybrids what works best same length hybrid as your iron shaft are hybrids all differant???? Need some helpmso i can work on it this winter. Should they match my irons. Flex length progression etc. Any input would be great

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I would start with one hybrid to replace the longest iron in your bag and see how it works for you.  Hybrids are better at getting the ball to a higher flight, but not anymore accurate from my experience.  Is your issue with 4 - 6 accuracy?  What is your miss?  I use a 3 hybrid and have irons 4 - PW.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use hybrids 2 to 6 and do well with them. I can hit my old long irons (zero bounce just like my hybrids) rather but prefer the feel of a hybrid. I guess that is because I am an old school sweeper (as Moe Norman said...don't take a divot...hit the ball like it is sitting on a man's crew cut) My two is an Adams a4r boxer 19* rescue club. Good club for whacking out of the trees or really bad rough. 3 and 6 are Callaway Diablo Edges. My 4 and 5 are Callaway Razr X HLs. Lofts are 21,24,27,30. I can actually shape shots with them, although it took a bit of time to learn to do that.