IGNORED

Magic Moments/Unattractive Opposites

TaylorHamilton
Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

According to my current statistics, I average 31 putts per round and 33% GIR.

On May 1st, I was practicing after work and decided to play nine. On the first hole, I hit my approach just short and a little right of the green. I chipped to a foot and tapped in for an easy par. I then proceeded to hit the next 8 greens in regulation, easily I might add, almost as if I knew what I was doing. My score? +1 35, with no birdies, and a miserable 3-putt bogey.

On November 19th, I played that same nine holes twice for a par of 68. First nine, 37 strokes with three GIR(two 3-putt bogeys), and a total of 14 putts, including a no-putt green(chip in par). Second nine, 33 strokes with six 1-putt greens(three birdies in last four holes) and a total of 12 putts.

Nothing makes sense.

What magic moments have you had, where everything goes your way for no reason, and your play far exceeds what you thought you were capable of? And the other side, what terrible misfortunes have you encountered, where your play seems worse than you ever thought possible?

First of all, the other 95% of the world's golf population would probably sell their wives and children to be able to post scores like that. I think the word you're looking for is consistancy. It's something that every golfer regardless of handicap is always looking to improve on. Ask any high handicapper what the worst part of his game is, and 9 out of 10 are going to say consistancy. The best rounds I've posted have been when I wasn't adding up my strokes during play and I thought I actually didn't play so well. The 2 eagles I've recorded have been complete luck. One an inadvertant low cut shot on a short par 4, ball landed 30 yards shor of the green and rolled to the back, caught the slope, and rolled to the right stopping 2 feet from the pin. The other, going for a par 5 in 2. Missed the green pin high and caught the craziest bounce i'd ever seen. Bounced straight left and hit the pin. Both scores from both rounds were 3 under my handicap. Most likely would have bogeyed both those holes.

Originally Posted by Tom Shanks

First of all, the other 95% of the world's golf population would probably sell their wives and children to be able to post scores like that.

I think the word you're looking for is consistancy. It's something that every golfer regardless of handicap is always looking to improve on. Ask any high handicapper what the worst part of his game is, and 9 out of 10 are going to say consistancy.

The best rounds I've posted have been when I wasn't adding up my strokes during play and I thought I actually didn't play so well.

The 2 eagles I've recorded have been complete luck. One an inadvertant low cut shot on a short par 4, ball landed 30 yards shor of the green and rolled to the back, caught the slope, and rolled to the right stopping 2 feet from the pin. The other, going for a par 5 in 2. Missed the green pin high and caught the craziest bounce i'd ever seen. Bounced straight left and hit the pin. Both scores from both rounds were 3 under my handicap. Most likely would have bogeyed both those holes.

I should note that this course is nine holes, very short, and the slope and rating from the tees I shot these scores are 109 and 63.6. My average for this course is 40, and I've never broken 80 over 18 different holes. The word I'm looking for is inconsistency. I'm interested in moments that are so inconsistent with your game they seem unreal, good or bad. Thank you for your reply! I've never had an eagle, luck or no luck.

Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!