Sign in to follow this  
Arsenal Forever

Brand Loyalty

228 posts / 42285 viewsLast Reply

I just became Ping Loyal today officially..

Tradedmy 52, 56, 60 Vokeys in for Ping Tour-W 52, 56, 60..

Still bag the Cameron, but was a inch away from purchasing the black redwood
I have 1 sexy bag of clubs.. Now if i can only play as ggood as they look i am set for the next 2 years.. well unless the g15's are to die for..

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

nickent is awesome. i don't really have a brand loyalty, but I prefer local and smaller companies that put forth plenty of R&D;, deliver top notch products, have tremendous customer support and oh yeah, don't charge so much that I can't afford greens fees or lessons. I've had to call nicket regarding and small tiny little issue with one of my irons (the ferrule on the PW slid up the shaft...didn't affect the club but cosmetically annoying) and they were incredibly helpful in getting it taken care of in a timely fashion.

If there are any other brands that stack up to nickent in terms of quality, cost, and service, let me know...I'm gonna look at new irons in the off season and I want some suggestions!

I'm partial to Cobra but I would not call myself brand loyal. In fact, the only reason that most of the clubs in my bag are Cobra is that I was looking for a set of King Cobra II irons to get me back into golf after a 9 year lay off and found a great deal on the irons with the woods included. I may replace them down the road with newer clubs but finances dictate I get back into this hobby a little at a time. LOVE Ping putters and plan to upgrade to one at the end of the summer (money reasons). I don't really have any particular brand I avoid, and I agree with the OP that his reasons for hating Titleist are irrational.

I just became Ping Loyal today officially..

Ping is definitely my 2nd favorite brand they make some amazing stuff and their putters are by far my favorite.

around 1200 but i sold my stuff through ebay ect..

i think im around $150 on the bad side.. i can live with that..

considering i upgraded my irons, woods and hybrids and got a sweet bag, i can live with it..

I like my Callaway clubs. Hit numerous brands before buying these and really liked the way they felt and swung. Could all be null and void though, as I don't play very well and am just starting to develop a consistent, decent swing.

Any time I think about equipment my mind immediately goes to Taylormade. I hate that because I know there is so much good stuff out there. I think I go out of my way not to be brand loyal. r7 irons could be the best irons on the planet for me, and I probably wouldn't get them because I don't want to be percieved as having an all TM bag simply because it's TM. I do have my driver because it's TM, but I really did buy my putter simply because it was the best for me.

I may be loyal to Mizuno irons and TM drivers forever, but not to a single brand for all products.

yes, I'm brand loyal, not just in golf but in dress shoes, suits, you name it... if something works for me I stick with it... but I did take the 909 out of the bag for the R9... never thought I'd do that but I hit the R9 better... so, brand loyal, yes, but try to keep the options open... always need to improve, right?

I'm brand loyal to Callaway for my irons. My father plays with his Taylormade irons and I tried them but didn't really like them that much. The callaways are much more comfortable, my set and all the others I have tried. By when it comes to drivers, however, I am in love with my Taylormade driver R9 460.

Well I wouldnt say that im completely brand loyal, but I really like both Mizuno and Nike. I could be swayed from Nike but most likely not mizuno though.

Anything but a top flite ball. I gave them their chance. Maybe its because it's what I first used, and I saw alot of bad shots with them....I first played with a mongrel set, all different irons/wedges etc. My set is complete for a while, I'll be loyal to it lol!

I guess i'm a bit brand loyal to Titleist because they were the irons i learned how to play golf on (i also happen to hit them well). I don't really have a problem deviating from titleist as long as it works. I would and have played most brand (TM, ping, cobra, etc) with the exception of Nike. Just don't like their stuff for some reason

Over the years, I've played with Taylor Made, Adams and Nike.

Nike golf gear is my favorite by a long shot. I've also demo'ed Ping, Callaway and King Cobra... but the Nike clubs feel more natural to me.