IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just became Ping Loyal today officially..

Tradedmy 52, 56, 60 Vokeys in for Ping Tour-W 52, 56, 60..

Still bag the Cameron, but was a inch away from purchasing the black redwood
I have 1 sexy bag of clubs.. Now if i can only play as ggood as they look i am set for the next 2 years.. well unless the g15's are to die for..

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nickent is awesome. i don't really have a brand loyalty, but I prefer local and smaller companies that put forth plenty of R&D;, deliver top notch products, have tremendous customer support and oh yeah, don't charge so much that I can't afford greens fees or lessons. I've had to call nicket regarding and small tiny little issue with one of my irons (the ferrule on the PW slid up the shaft...didn't affect the club but cosmetically annoying) and they were incredibly helpful in getting it taken care of in a timely fashion.

If there are any other brands that stack up to nickent in terms of quality, cost, and service, let me know...I'm gonna look at new irons in the off season and I want some suggestions!

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

What did that Ping demo day cost you?

Nice bag, however!

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

I'm partial to Cobra but I would not call myself brand loyal. In fact, the only reason that most of the clubs in my bag are Cobra is that I was looking for a set of King Cobra II irons to get me back into golf after a 9 year lay off and found a great deal on the irons with the woods included. I may replace them down the road with newer clubs but finances dictate I get back into this hobby a little at a time. LOVE Ping putters and plan to upgrade to one at the end of the summer (money reasons). I don't really have any particular brand I avoid, and I agree with the OP that his reasons for hating Titleist are irrational.
Bag: VT3 Stand Bag
Driver: 10.5* Offset Driver
Fairway Wood: Offset 3 Wood
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWS 20*
Irons: King Cobra II Oversize Irons 3 - PWWedges: Slingshot 4D SW 55*Putter: Crossbax 3.0 MalletBalls: Whatever I can find cheap.

Ping is definitely my 2nd favorite brand they make some amazing stuff and their putters are by far my favorite.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

around 1200 but i sold my stuff through ebay ect..

i think im around $150 on the bad side.. i can live with that..

considering i upgraded my irons, woods and hybrids and got a sweet bag, i can live with it..

I love ping clubs, besides wedges and putters. I am a big fan of tiltiest wedges and putters.

G15 10.5 Driver
G15 17 Wood
G10 24 Hybrid
G10 6-PW Irons
52, 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges Detour Newport 2 DT SoLo BallSwing Speed: 111 MPH, wish I could putt.

I like my Callaway clubs. Hit numerous brands before buying these and really liked the way they felt and swung. Could all be null and void though, as I don't play very well and am just starting to develop a consistent, decent swing.

In my Warbird bag:
Hyper X 10* (soon to be FT9 tour 9.5*!)
X Fairway 3 Wood
X Prototypes 3-PW
X Forged 54*.14 wedge X Forged 58*.10 wedge X Forged 64*.9 wedge Black Series #1 HX Hot balls

Any time I think about equipment my mind immediately goes to Taylormade. I hate that because I know there is so much good stuff out there. I think I go out of my way not to be brand loyal. r7 irons could be the best irons on the planet for me, and I probably wouldn't get them because I don't want to be percieved as having an all TM bag simply because it's TM. I do have my driver because it's TM, but I really did buy my putter simply because it was the best for me.

I may be loyal to Mizuno irons and TM drivers forever, but not to a single brand for all products.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

yes, I'm brand loyal, not just in golf but in dress shoes, suits, you name it... if something works for me I stick with it... but I did take the 909 out of the bag for the R9... never thought I'd do that but I hit the R9 better... so, brand loyal, yes, but try to keep the options open... always need to improve, right?

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I'm brand loyal to Callaway for my irons. My father plays with his Taylormade irons and I tried them but didn't really like them that much. The callaways are much more comfortable, my set and all the others I have tried. By when it comes to drivers, however, I am in love with my Taylormade driver R9 460.

Well I wouldnt say that im completely brand loyal, but I really like both Mizuno and Nike. I could be swayed from Nike but most likely not mizuno though.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Anything but a top flite ball. I gave them their chance. Maybe its because it's what I first used, and I saw alot of bad shots with them....I first played with a mongrel set, all different irons/wedges etc. My set is complete for a while, I'll be loyal to it lol!

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

I guess i'm a bit brand loyal to Titleist because they were the irons i learned how to play golf on (i also happen to hit them well). I don't really have a problem deviating from titleist as long as it works. I would and have played most brand (TM, ping, cobra, etc) with the exception of Nike. Just don't like their stuff for some reason

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

Oh! and despite how my WITB says, i'm using a TM driver and TM wedges so I'm not a complete snob lol

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

Over the years, I've played with Taylor Made, Adams and Nike.

Nike golf gear is my favorite by a long shot. I've also demo'ed Ping, Callaway and King Cobra... but the Nike clubs feel more natural to me.
Gear:
Divider Tour Cart Bag
Tight Lies Stand Bag
SQ Sumo² 5900 11.5° Driver
SQ Sumo² 7 Wood 21° SQ Sumo² 3-7 hybrids, 8-SW iron set SV Tour Black Satin 60° L Wedge (6° bounce) 64° L Wedge IC Series Milled 20/20 Mallet PutterBrush Tees rule. Period.Expensive balls- ProV1;...

Note: This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!