Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bitebabybite

Love the site

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i have several questions but let me start with this one. Just had knee surgery last week (lateral meniscus tear). Right knee. I'm sure there are some golf buddies that can share their experience on:

How long to stay away from the swing?

Rehab/strength exercises?

How long until you were back to 100%?

I'm 47, 180lbs, in fairly decent shape. Weekend or every other weekend player. I look forward to all your comments. Thanks in advance. Always looking to play N. Va. to Richmond.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Welcome to the site - it is a phenomenal source of great, accurate info on the golf swing. Can't help on the surgery rehab, what did your doctor say?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I am with @DaveP043  Just buy the damned tees. or as  Bernie says.."enough of the damned emails".  OTOH, nothing wrong with a bit of lively discussion supported by factual information.
    • I usually like to tee my ball 2" below waist high.
    • Nadir is technically correct but fairly arcane; I've never heard anyone refer to the lowest point of the golf swing as the nadir. I used the term "apex' because in racing it refers to the inside point of the racing line in a turn at which you're closest to the curb. The orientation of hands to clubhead at impact does make a difference. However, the naive solution to being told you're leading the club with the hands is to release your wrists earlier, and done even a little too early this results in "casting" the club which wastes most of the power of the downswing. So, you have to be real careful telling someone who's keeping his wrists too stiff to "release more".
    • Actually, I was just looking back through the old Bulls goalies and there are a bunch of familiar names. Early on you had Doug Dadswell and Sandy Galluppo. Both those guys played for the Cyclones and Sandy had a stint with Dayton before Birmingham. You were one of the many, many stops for old Kalamazoo goalie Mike Torchia, a Michelin man-looking guy that I saw play the Cyclones many times. Last but certainly not least was my old BG buddy Shawn Timm. He played a miserable 15 minutes in goal for the Bulls after his senior season with the Falcons. Gave up three goals and became an investment banker. Great memories.
    • It might not have been the security guards who suggested paying for the damages. He gave them ~ $50 cash. He wasn't 'shaken down', taken to an ATM, relieved of watch, electronics, etc. In the U.S. there is such a thing as a citizen's arrest. It's possible that in Rio some licensed private security guards may be deputized in some way with partial powers to detain for arrest. Every time Lochte's lawyer responds to a media inquiry with 'no comment' it's billable time. If they decide to answer the charges with local representation the money bleed will accelerate. I'm positive paying the donation in lieu of fine in the short term like his teammate did would have been less costly. It would have been even less costly ~ $50 if he had kept his trap shut in the media having already narrowly avoided an official 'on the books' detention / arrest / fine. http://www.people.com/article/ryan-locht-summoned-brazil
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries