IGNORED

Losing weight

TJDUDE
Note: This thread is 6141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I Used to be in competitive weight lifting back in high school went to state etc. but since I got out and Ive been in college (few years now) Ive went from 180lbs to right up around 230, and that is a lot more than the freshmen 15 Im talking here. Granted to be competitive in weight lifting you have to have a borderline eating disorder mentality but, is there anything you can do while golfing to get some weight off. besides walking and less beer. also, what are some good exercises that wont take away from my golf swing. I am already muscle-bound enough and don't need much more of that.
In my bag:
driver: R5 dual
3wood: war bird
11wood: war bird
irons: oversize with an old Wilson PWwedges: 52*and 60*Vokeys putter: Tracyball: MoJo

do you walk or ride?

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I like to walk most of the time. unless there are alot of people at the course that day and i dont want to have to deal with 100 people playing thru.
In my bag:
irons: oversize with an old Wilson PWwedges: 52*and 60*Vokeys putter: Tracyball: MoJo

I recently lost about 25 lbs (210 - 185). Ate less, lifted more, and walked on the course. I really wouldn't worry about getting too big, or muscle bound, to play golf. Check out Jason Zuback...

Walking the course is great for losing weight. Especially if you carry your bag (no pull carts). Walking 5 miles while carrying 20 lbs does wonders.

All winter I went to the gym without loosing much weight and although I was gaining muscles I still had my beer belly. The reason was my diet. Then I stopped eating food with added sugars and I don’t eat anything with white flour in it. No pasta, no white bread no candy and so on. It really did the trick for me and I have lost 20 pounds (I’m 150) in 2 months. This is no Atkins, I still eat carbs like potato’s (not very often), oatmeal and cheerio’s. Lots of meat, fish vegetables, nuts and proteinbars and now I don’t think about getting candy or ice-cream because my blood sugar is in perfect balance. For Christmas and High Holydays I’m still going to eat something good (I’m only human).

All the best, Bird

Irons Big Bertha (4-W)
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54°/58°
Hybrid, Heavenwood (4H) Fairway Wood Big Bertha (5W)Driver: X 460 Putter 2 Ball (SRT)

I have a beer belly. I used to drink a lot more when I was 180 lbs tho. granted I worked out 4-5 hours a day then tho. I sit in front of a computer a lot at work and don't have opportunities to get up and move around much. I need to start waking up earlier (around 6) and go to the gym here.
In my bag:

2 years ago, I lost 45 lbs. I did it not only for my health, but for basketball season...I'm glad I did it before I got into golf though. Good luck with it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I have been on a lifestyle change (not weight loss) for about 3mths now, started at 243 and I presently weigh in at 218...I want to get to 200lbs even.

All I've done is eat less at all my servings, drink NO sodas at all, mostly just juice and mostly water, and exercise daily.....eat at least 1 salad a day at any setting......

The reason I call it a lifestyle change is, when your simply on a diet, you mostly all the time gain all and many times more weigh back.

I had too for my children and for me, it wasn't anything for me to eat 3-4 bowls of cereal at a time, eat junk food while watching TV etc....and believe it or not I feel alot better about myself since losing the weigh

Running and any other "in place" routines are boring and you will tire of them easily. I am a pretty decent squash player so that is what I do for cardio. Since you already do weights that is great. You must know the benefits of a balanced work out regime: a balance of cardio and weights. I would play some squash (should be able to find a court around you somewhere - try squashtalk.com - run by my friend's dad) and then do some endurance/lightweight lifting. The calories burned from the squash (not to mention great hear workout) coupled with the metabolism triggered weightlifting will help you target fat to burn. Do this steadily 3 or 4 times a week for 2 months and you will be golden.

Note: This thread is 6141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!