IGNORED

TaylorMade continues its surge

WUTiger
Note: This thread is 4064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How TaylorMade made its move

WSJ's J.P. Newport talks about how TaylorMade used innovation and hype to surged ahead in golf club sales despite the recession. Callaway inertia and its TopFlite misadventure helped TM get the lead.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324900204578286173274533026.html

I've got Callaway irons and driver, and last year's RBZ for FWs and hybrid. I'm leaning toward Callaway, hope they rebound.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just picked up a Taylormade 580 from 3 balls .com . But I know now that I need a lot more reps with it . After 9 or so holes i was finally getting the distance I want . The only thing was after about 190 yds Or so i had crazy hooks . But it felt nice off the tee.

Man they were really blitzing the TV this past weekend on the ATT coverage. About 10 different pros all proclaiming "I play a distance iron" (Rocket Bladze), and the 'bucket' brigade or whatever with the bright yellow hats.

Man, I'm glad I don't driknk the big brand kool-aid; I would be paying for all that garbage.

dak4n6

Local golf store owner said he sees the Rocket Bladez irons doing well.  He also said most people that come in don't like the graphics on the Stage 2 and R1 woods nor have they seen any distance improvement so they haven't been moving as fast as he or TM hoped.

Joe Paradiso

As someone who's relatively new to golf (just started playing "for real" this past summer), I don't really have any background with any of the OEMs. But I'll say that after seeing a lot of the TM ads on TV and online, they're actually a bit of a turnoff to be honest. I think the whole facepaint thing is a bit goofy - perhaps that's good, TM is thumbing their noses at the notion that golf is stuffy and old fashioned, but the facepaint and the yellow bucket hats and the criticism they've received over their Rocketbladez claims and the driver graphics are all things that actually turn me off of their brand.

I think Phil's glowing praises of Callaway's new clubs will, in the short term, do more for Callaway's sales than TM's slightly out of the box advertising and promos.

Russ B.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Local golf store owner said he sees the Rocket Bladez irons doing well.  He also said most people that come in don't like the graphics on the Stage 2 and R1 woods nor have they seen any distance improvement so they haven't been moving as fast as he or TM hoped.

I totally see that. I like the concept of the stage 2... grabbed it off the rack at dicks the other day and set up... put it right back. I could never look down at anything but a solid color. But the Bladez... i've heard nothing but great things about them.

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 4064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!