IGNORED

Beginner looking for 3-wood. Recommendation?

marvin
Note: This thread is 3469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Because you are a 30 handicap.

R11 is for better players, with the RBZ, you'll get one decent shot out of 10, the 910 and 913 have higher center of gravities and are small headed.

I mean, do you want better scores, or do you want to discuss equipment you can't hit with your friends?

You've got to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run.

Well noted with thanks.

What about Mizuno F60 4wood 16.4* regular shaft? I found a couple of them on eBay in good condition for less than $50. I also particularly interested in 4-wood Ping G10/G15/G20 and Nike SQ at about the same price range. Are they easier to hit than Titleist or Taylormade?

TaylorMade RBZ 9° | TaylorMade Burner SF 2.0 16.5° | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Titleist Vokey SM4 56°11 | Cleveland Classic #4

Nike SQ. Easiest 3 wood I've hit. Not the longest though.

Whats in the bag:

R11s 9* w/ Project X 6.0

R11s 15.5* w/ Project X Black 6.5

Rescue 11 3 Hybrid 18* w/ RIP Phenom

Taylormade TP CB 4-pw w/ Fujikura TP90

Titleist SM3 C.C. 52*7 56*14 60*4

Odessy Metal X from the Tour Van

Well noted with thanks. Personally, I like the TM super fast or the R11 Ti You can probably find both on eBay If you like the R11Ti, I would suggest the 5 wood What about Mizuno F60 4wood 16.4* regular shaft? I found a couple of them on eBay in good condition for less than $50. I also particularly interested in 4-wood Ping G10/G15/G20 and Nike SQ at about the same price range. Are they easier to hit than Titleist or Taylormade?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lots of decent choices. The Ping G series (I currently play G15 4 wood) is a solid choice. Plent of forgiveness and good performance distance wise.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• 8 months later...
When I started out I couldn't hit my driver worth squat so I bought a cheap Dunlop 5-wood I found at Walmart. I can't remember what model it was but it had a large head and looked like a driver so I thought that was cool. As it turns out I hit the stew out of that club. I would up giving it to a friend after I upgraded to a Cleveland QuadPro Dual Rail 16°. My friend liked that old 5-wood so much we nicknamed him Garry Fivewood. The point being: you may fare better with a higher lofted club as it may be easier to hit thus ensuring more shots in the short grass. I think most golfers would exchange accuracy for distance any day of the week. Even now I carry just one fairway wood, The Ping G20 4-wood(16.5°). I use the G20 off the tee sometimes too. My Driver is consistent, Adams Titanium Tight Lies High Launch Max COR, but on narrow holes or shorter par 4s it makes more sense to use the 4-wood.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Just traded TM RBZ Tour Spoon for a Callaway X Hot 3 Stiff shaft and it is an amazing club. In my opinion it is much more forgiving than the TM RBZ spoon and I can hit it as far my driver, only straighter.

• 11 months later...
Note: This thread is 3469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!