IGNORED

The Relative Importance of the Backswing

iacas
Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mvmac...You know there's no doubt that a good backswing is one big thing that's out of the way in producing a good impact position...but good backswings are few and far between and just because you have one doesn't mean you'll get to a good impact position...

Right it doesn't guarantee good impact alignments but it can have a positive "domino" effect and make it easier for the golfer when they do focus on their downswing pieces.

I was just trying to show that the downswing is critical to impact and the backswing is more of a positional thing....I know many think the oppsite....There are may ways to get to a good impact position but the downswing is key IMHO...

I agree the downswing is very important and for some players their downswing trouble originates on the backswing. For those players working on the downswing first is a waste of time when the backswing is so out of whack.

I do think there are golfers/instructors that get too caught up in how the backswing "looks". If someone makes a change, there has to be a good reason, the why has to have some effect on the downswing. I agree it doesn't make sense to hit some position because it fits what the backswing is "suppose" to look like.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree the downswing is very important and for some players their downswing trouble originates on the backswing. For those players working on the downswing first is a waste of time when the backswing is so out of whack.

I firmly believe that.   When I hit a bad shot, it is usually because my back swing was incomplete/poor and I tried to compensate and fail.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!