IGNORED

My Swing (johnny_14424)

johnny_14424
Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 16

My typical ball flight is: left to right

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice and topped shots

Videos:

I love you Nicole Aniston

Johnny, I had to laugh at the setup - you've gotta be single - no way you wouldn't kill someone walking down that hall if you had a gf/wife/roomie! LOL

Seriously though - I think you have a pretty solid swing.  One thing I'd work on is getting the arms reattached to the trunk.  You get long on the backswing which is going to cause/force compensations and timing to hit the proper plane on the downswing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Johnny, I had to laugh at the setup - you've gotta be single - no way you wouldn't kill someone walking down that hall if you had a gf/wife/roomie! LOL

Seriously though - I think you have a pretty solid swing.  One thing I'd work on is getting the arms reattached to the trunk.  You get long on the backswing which is going to cause/force compensations and timing to hit the proper plane on the downswing.

Haha,yep. Totally single. My ex couldn't put up with my golf obsession. Thank God I have a place with real high ceilings.

Thanks for the comment. I been told i tend to come in too steep

• 2 weeks later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 16

My typical ball flight is: left to right

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: topped shots

Videos:

Not a bad swing at all a lot is in place. two things

1. Not swing related try not to stand over the ball as long. I can see you are thinking about things as you stand over it. Once you step and are ready, just pull the trigger you will play with a lot more freedom.

2. The backswing in basic terms is a mix of shoulder turn, or the around in a golf swing vs the amount of up or wrist hinge in the swing. To me you have too much "up" or wrist hinge in your swing causing a steep angle of attack and those shots flying left to right. I will guess the topped shots are coming from getting out ahead of the ball so here is what I would suggest.

Try too feel no wrist's in the backswing. Just feel a Shoulder Turn . Also try to feel your right palm facing the ground longer when you take it back. Your wrists are working fine so more shoulder turn should get you on plane nicely. On the downswing just feel your head staying back and not racing out ahead and I think you will get rid of the tops. Remember if you ever get off plane it is just too much of one aspect, shoulder turn or around in the swing, or wrist hinge and up in the swing.

Good luck!

I like big putts and I cannot lie.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...
I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years My current handicap index or average score is: 13 My typical ball flight is: right to left The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat, thin an top shots [rule] Videos: Do I have a reverse pivot? [VIDEO]http://youtube.com/watch?v=K3UpJg11kdg[/VIDEO]

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!