• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJMassey

Sore Wrist After Playing

1 post in this topic

Hello again everyone, Ive noticed that my left wrist is getting quite sore after hitting some balls and wondered if anyone else experienced the same when they started? One possible cause could be my grip as I have rather small hands and find myself really stretching my hands to fit around the club securely, Im currently using the Vardon grip but think I will change to the interlocking grip in a attempt to feel a little more comfortable and reduce the stress on my wrist. I also have quite a strong grip and really have to work on forcing my right hand around the club to achieve a more neutral grip which is extremely uncomfortable. My main question is really wether the soreness in natural when starting? Also should I look at settling with a less than perfect grip for comfort? Ant thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • How? In what ways? It seems to me someone could easily say Dustin is a great example of the modern golf swing given that he's a very modern athlete and works out and uses his Trackman religiously and so on. Mike Austin never even won a PGA Tour event. Co-opting a good player and saying "they use our swing" is such a marketing gag.
    • What do you mean, specifically? What are the differences between DJ and Rory's swings? 
    • This has nothing to do with the on course rhetoric, it has to do with the botched holes, short putt percentages and inability to corral his drives on a frequent basis. I like him as a player but he is frustrating to watch at times.
    • About 9 mos ago I bought and have been using Mike Austin's lessons ($20).  Of all the teachers I've had or studied in the last 40 years his techniques are the most effective.  In the last 4 years I've gone from a handicap of 6 to not being able to break 90. Now I'm shooting low to mid 80s most of the time. 70s are next. I'm old and have physical problems but drive an average 265 yards.  I had to recalculate all of my clubs because I'm  hitting so much further and my accuracy has greatly improved.  All of this with no pain during or after the round and I play 3 to 5 times a week.   What Austin teaches is the classic golf swing that is not taught today.  Look at the past greats (Byron Nelson for one) and compare their swing with today's greats with the exception of Dustin Johnson.  They're all on Youtube.  Johnson's swing is the closest to Austin's and if you'll notice, Dustin is the longest and most accurate on tour.  I believe he's #1 as well.  Might there be something to this? Look at Rory McIlroy's swing.  Nearly as long as Dustin's but, Rory is already having back problems due to the modern swing, Dustin isn't.  Tiger has just undergone spinal fusion. Another victim of the modern swing.   Before offering an opinion please do some research. You might learn something that will help make you a better golfer longer.
    • We'll agree to disagree. The jury is still a long ways out on Spieth IMO, he potentially has another 20+ years of his career left. My $0.02 is just that there is a difference between being a head case and wearing emotions on your sleeve. The two can be mutually exclusive and I'm sure there are plenty of stoic appearing golfers out on tour who are very much head cases inside...we just don't see it.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. bigtosh90
      bigtosh90
      (27 years old)
    2. dopplegvnger
      dopplegvnger
      (25 years old)
    3. Frank62
      Frank62
      (55 years old)