IGNORED

How to Make a Course

Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a question on this; Do you use pencil and paper or a computer program? I'd like to start getting into this.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

• Administrator
I have a question on this; Do you use pencil and paper or a computer program? I'd like to start getting into this.

Huh? First you go to school for a few years, then you apprentice under someone for a few more years (or a decade). So, again, huh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I built an 18 hole mini golf course in my backyard about 3 years ago. It was a hit with the neighbors.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

anyone else like playing mini golf?

in the bag

I'll reword my question:

Is there a program on the market that will let me design a course for fun?
WITB

Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I'll reword my question:

One of the years of Tiger Woods PGA Tour video game had a way to design a course, I think. Then you got to play it :)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think the "design a course" feature was mashing holes together. I remember trying that.
WITB

I'll reword my question:

I think Links Golf 2003 has that. Can't get it to work on my computer, though.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

you can do it in TW 2005, but its just changing the holes around you can't really design your own.

in the bag

Ok, thanks for your responses.
WITB

yeah, the old Links games had an Arnold Palmer course designer. Years ago there was also a Jack Nicklaus course designer game, which was easy to use. The more bells and whistles, the more time commitment.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

true... just makes it more confusing too

in the bag

One other program, I can't remember the name. It was made by Maxis, of sim city fame. It's like hot shots golf, but the course design was actually quite accurate, and entertaining. You also had to place the concessions conviently, and make a profitable business, otherwise a japanese business man would come and buy your course from you.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

• Administrator
One other program, I can't remember the name. It was made by Maxis, of sim city fame. It's like hot shots golf, but the course design was actually quite accurate, and entertaining. You also had to place the concessions conviently, and make a profitable business, otherwise a japanese business man would come and buy your course from you.

Sim Golf, but if we're going back that far... "Links" on my Apple LC III let me play Augusta (in 8 bits, I believe) and had a course creator. Everything was done up in big squares, but still.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ya I had just looked it up: Sid Meier's SimGolf.. I saw it recently in a pack with a bunch of different games at target for like $10... It's quite a good game.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

there is also a free demo http://simgolf.ea.com/

this isnt the original simgolf circa 1990, this is` like 2003.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver

I have sim golf, its a great game. You can play the course too but thats not too great, the course creation is quite unique, and to get a good hole and course rating is really hard.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!