Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chicago Golf Show

4 posts in this topic

Went to this event the last two days. The first day I went and got a lesson for the first time. I figured someone could help since I couldn't figure out why I was slicing after all of this time. Well the PGA Pro I got, showed me two quick things after he watched me swing without the ball and with the ball.

I'm left-handed and my ball would go left single time I hit it, save for the rare occasion that I hit it straight.

He had me adjust my grip about 10 degrees to the left and not focus on where the ball goes, but to make sure I get up on my tip toe of my back foot. He told me when the grip felt goofy, that's when I was where I needed to be. I took his advice and it was like night and day. I was hitting the ball straight! It was a great feeling. He also told me to hold my pose through the swing and get used to how it feels. I'm just so happy to hit the ball correctly for me. My confidence went up and I finally felt like a golfer.

Now it's time to hit the course because up until then, I avoided it because I didn't want to spray the ball everywhere or hit someone accidentally.

Felt good to get some good instruction and see the results immediately.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Good work Boogie. Are they giving free lessons there?

Is this the one at the Rosemont?  How's the equipment selection?

It's IN Rosemont, and yes. It's at the DOnald E. Stephens Center. Right off of River road across the street from Gobson's.

The equipment is all over the place. They have EVERYTHING and I mean everything. All the clubs, balls, hats, shirts, bags, umbrellas etc. that you can handle.

They are giving lessons there and they are FREE! Tomorrow is the last day, so I would get over there if I were you. In the section that they give the lessons, there is a whole row of companies letting people hit their demo clubs.

It's fun and you can get everything you need there. They even have resorts giving away free rounds of golf. There's everything you can imagine there, including hot girls.

It's a very fun event.

Also, I wasn't swinging hard in the video. It was more about getting the lesson down that he showed me. I find that if I swing to fast, I tend to lose control. But it's much improved over this one from last summer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I'm talking about the presidential race. Like it or not many probably don't go if they don't care about the presidential race. I think it would be significant.
    • I think that's part of what bothered me so much is that it's not the most difficult course and I've been playing pretty well (for my skill level) recently.  With the wind and the greens having the holes cut where they were, it was getting out of control.  I only had 27 putts, but that's because I was chipping or putting from off the green on the majority of the holes. I wish I was good enough to do that.  The pin on the 109 yard hole was an inviting pin.  The trouble was to the left side of the green.  I actually hit what I thought was a really good shot, but the wind actually knocked the ball down from behind.  I hit a 115 yard club on that hole, so I was playing for behind the hole.  Still... the one guy that did hit the green was about 20 feet behind the hole and his putt looked like it was going to be perfect.  It was about 3 feet beyond the hole and then it caught the slope and took off down the hill and off the green into the valley where the other 3 of us started from.

We asked afterwards if that was maybe the case but the guy we spoke to said he didn't know anything about it.  We assumed maybe the guy who cut the holes caught his wife with another man or something the night before. It was a busy Saturday.  We still finished in 4 hours, but when we ran into other groups, they all commented on the holes too. 

Luckily, only 1 hole was noticeably cut on a slope.  That was the 16th hole and the combination of where the pin was located and that the hole was cut on a slope meant that a par was an amazing score there.  Only 1 of us managed to make par on that hole.  I believe I made double (topped my drive, lay up to about 85 yards short, wedge was just right of the hole and rolled down the hill, chipped up but the ball had no check so it rolled off the back side into the rough by a bunker, flopped the ball with a full swing from 25 feet to within 2 feet and tapped in).  

Meh... I guess it's just sour grapes.  I definitely didn't play well but... I was hoping to blame it on whoever set up the course that day.  

• I know this post is several months old, but I just finished watching Jim Hardy's video s
    • At our club championship this year, our pro deliberately placed the pin in positions I had never seen on the course before (either just behind or in front of bunkers, on the most steeply sloping part of the green, etc.). Fair enough - you have to deal with whatever pin positions are chosen, but more than half the participants complained that there was no way they could play anything approaching their normal game, and the scores were pretty bad. I would say that 75% of the pin positions were more difficult than normal - a few tough ones would be ok, but - as Groucho Valentine said above - it spoiled the day for a lot of the people hoping to at least put in a decent round at the most important competition of the year.
    • That's my concern. How would a 20+ handicap know where to set it? 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      (73 years old)
    2. Robert Diddings
      Robert Diddings
      (32 years old)
  • Blog Entries