IGNORED

Callaway Razr Fit (2012) v X Hot Driver (2013)

Note: This thread is 4046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously all golf brands immediately forget about their equipment from the previous year as soon as they bring out the latest models. In 2012 Callaway's drivers had the Razr Fit as the flagship and X Black as the next model down. In 2012 their models are the Xtreme as the flagship and X Hot as the next one down.

I was interested whether anyone knows how the 2012 Razr Fit is meant to compare to the X Hot? So the best from last year compared to the 2nd model for this year.

Is newer better, meaning that new technology in the X Hot has simply moved on over the last 12 months or does the more expensive technology from last year's Razr Fit still beat it?

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Originally Posted by superfly777

Obviously all golf brands immediately forget about their equipment from the previous year as soon as they bring out the latest models. In 2012 Callaway's drivers had the Razr Fit as the flagship and X Black as the next model down. In 2012 their models are the Xtreme as the flagship and X Hot as the next one down.

I was interested whether anyone knows how the 2012 Razr Fit is meant to compare to the X Hot? So the best from last year compared to the 2nd model for this year.

Is newer better, meaning that new technology in the X Hot has simply moved on over the last 12 months or does the more expensive technology from last year's Razr Fit still beat it?

LOL, sounds like this question is directed right at me. ;)  Check out a couple of other threads here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58537/the-sand-trap-visits-callaway-golf-razr-fit-driver-fitting-at-the-ely-callaway-performance-center/0_30

and here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/63809/callaway-visit-tons-of-in-hand-pics-of-the-2013-callaway-razr-xtreme-x-hot-driver-x-hot-fairway-x-hot-irons-x-forged-irons/0_30

The first one is from a visit that myself, Beachcomber and mvmac made to Callaway last May.  We all got fitted for RazrFit drivers.  I previously had a Titleist D3, and the RazrFit is miles better for me (accuracy-wise), if not a hair shorter.

For that second thread, we were lucky enough to be invited back in December and got fitted for whichever driver from the 2013 line worked best for us (razrfit xtreme, xhot, or xhot pro).  Beach and mvmac both ended up with RazrFit Extreme's, however I liked the X Hot Pro the best.  I use the exact same shaft as I did in my RazrFit - and I don't mean the same make and model, I mean the actual shaft ... the tips are the same and so I swapped it into the xhot.  The difference in playability between the xhot and the razrfit, for me, is pretty small.  The xhot is a little "hotter" - no pun intended - and I hit it a pinch further, with pretty similar trajectory.

So, I wouldn't say that the xtreme is "better" than the xhot by any means ... just different.  It costs more because it has more adjustability, I believe, and it's their "flagship" as you said.

I was very happy with my Razrfit, and had I not been given a free fitting, there's no way I would have considered dumping the razrfit.  If you like yours, stick with it. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, I actually just bought the 2012 Callaway RAZR Fit in the sales a couple of months ago so not looking at upgrading. It was mostly curiosity and I enjoyed reading those threads.

Obviously the pros that have upgraded have nearly all gone for the Xtreme but a couple have gone for the X Hot (like long drive champion Jamie Sadlowski). I've also seen stories of celebs in the last couple of months getting fitted at Callaway performance centres and and every single one I've seen has come away with the X Hot. Money can't be an issue so figure it must have just given them the best numbers.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

I bought a RazrFit last May to replace my HyperX Tour (circa 2008).

The RazrFit is adjustable (one reason I got it) and feels a little heavier and stable than either the RazrBlack or the new X Hot drivers.

X Hot really moves throught the ball, but I fear I would overswing if I used it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by superfly777

Money can't be an issue so figure it must have just given them the best numbers.

Probably so ... that was the case for me too. :)

Note: This thread is 4046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!