IGNORED

courses near Venice Beach?

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

only $160 after 12:30 @Trump     lol

found this place... it is more reasonable:

http://www.americangolf.com/los-verdes-golf-course/

was wondering about north of Venice though...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Pakoh

only $160 after 12:30 @Trump     lol

found this place... it is more reasonable:

http://www.americangolf.com/los-verdes-golf-course/

was wondering about north of Venice though...

reasonable till you realize your round will take 7 hours.

penmar is a 9 hole, executive course right in venice (mar vista actually).   westchester is an 18 hole par 62, which is just north of LAX.   malibu is a nice suggestion as well.   for the same drive, you can go south and play skylinks in long beach.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

reasonable till you realize your round will take 7 hours.

penmar is a 9 hole, executive course right in venice (mar vista actually).   westchester is an 18 hole par 62, which is just north of LAX.   malibu is a nice suggestion as well.   for the same drive, you can go south and play skylinks in long beach.

yeah i read that other thread about 6-7hour rounds in LA...  we have played skylinks.  thinking about trying that Malibu course.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

yeah i read that other thread about 6-7hour rounds in LA...  we have played skylinks.  thinking about trying that Malibu course.

conditions can be random there, probably because weather in malibu is different than elsewhere in the bay (malibu course is inland a bit, within all sorts of mountains).   though when its in good shape, its a great course!  beautiful, challenging, etc.. the one odd thing though is they have no driving range.  they have a batting cage type setup so you can at least warm up your swing, though the balls they let you use there (they're free), are awful.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Pakoh is used to using that type of warmup routine. Dude plays Monarch regularly and hey have the same silly setup as Malibu.

A-hole played it twice today!  All the while texting us photos of the course while we were at work.  That's just plain mean.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!