IGNORED

Expensive vs. Cheaper Golf Shoes

Note: This thread is 6123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got this idea by reading the other thread about shoes. I have kind of bottom of the line Nikes and they are fairly comfortable I guess. I don't really think about it that much. I was wondering if more expensive shoes like I see advertised on TV would improve my game at all or have anything more to offer than the ones I have now.

Thanks a lot,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

im all for style in golf. If you cant play well, why not look like you can?!

so i usually go for expensive shoes but not for the features like the powerbands or the 200 TW's

but some new shoes do have special features that older/cheaper shoes dont.

i dont think theyll help you that much, but some people are in love with technology and theyll swear their mother on the features

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

i've heard people make comments about how certain shoes add 15 yards to their shots. i'm interested to hear if they can have a positive affect also.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I got this idea by reading the other thread about shoes. I have kind of bottom of the line Nikes and they are fairly comfortable I guess. I don't really think about it that much. I was wondering if more expensive shoes like I see advertised on TV would improve my game at all or have anything more to offer than the ones I have now.

Other than a better waterproofing guarantee, its unlikely more expensive shoes would do much towards improving your game (although if you don't like laces, the

ReelFit from Foot-Joy look cool ). The fact you don't think about your shoes is good; that means they aren't ripping your feet up.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk allmost all the time and my mantra is "Happy Feet Equals Good Golf"!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I wouldnt think your shoes would have much of an effect, only on your wallet. Golf shoes over here are around €80 but i went to spain last month and bought my current shoes, RAM Stuburts for €50. I never really think about the shoes i wear.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

I walk allmost all the time and my mantra is

This is so true. I walk 99%. I have a nice waterproof pair of Nike's for early in the day when it's wet and they are very comfy. I also have a pair of FJ Sandals I LOVE and always seem to be more relaxed and play better in the sandals........I just don't wear them when I know it will be overly wet.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Let me also say I played earlier this year with a buddie who is the golf coach at a locak college, and he played in sneakers. I noticed on the 5th hole or so he didn't have golf shoes and asked why. He said he had been over-swinging and this helped him to not over-swing. FWIW - He shot even that day, 1st time in 2 years.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I had never owned a pair of golf shoes until a few weeks ago simply because I was always happy playing in my tennis shoes. But I recently picked up a pair of Callaway X-Series Chev shoes off of Ebay (at a pretty good price, btw) and absolutely love them. They look and feel great, and are moderately priced. Unfortunately, I've found with many other things that the cheaper you buy it for, the cheaper the quality. While I don't think getting a very expensive pair of golf shoes matters that much, I recommend getting something in the $70-$100 range for quality, comfort, and performance. It's all a matter of personal preference, though, so try them on (I tried mine on at Dick's Sporting Goods, then ordered them online) and go with what suits you and your game.

Here is a link to the shoes I got... http://cgi.ebay.com/Callaway-Chev-X-...QQcmdZViewItem

As you can see, they normally retail for around $100 and I got them for around $75-$80 with shipping. If you can find dependable sellers and the right size, ebay can be a great place to find shoes at a reasonably good deal.

-John

if you get a pair of footjoy classics, those are only for looks, they don't help much. those new tiger woods nike shoes helps you stay stable and balanced so you can gain distance bout 5-10 yards. i don't know about those addidas powerband shoes really work or not, but the nike's they do. i have a cheap pair of footjoy'sand i like them

r7 quad tp
ignite t60 3 wood
580h 19* hybrid
irons 670
wedges 52*, spin milled 56*, 60* rosa putter daytona prov1xhome course:3 pines country clubthe carolina country club

I went from some 4 dollar goodwill footjoys that worked ok to Adidas tour 360 IIs this year. They are certainly more comfortable, but shoes aren't going to fix a broken golf swing. They aren't going to add yards to your game. They might make you a bit more confident and comfortable, but it has nothing to do with the shoes. It's all in your head. If you're comfortable, and have a solid base, which most golf shoes can do for you, it doesn't really matter if you paid 150 or 50 bucks for them.

Spend the money on a couple of lessons and you'll be far ahead, IMHO.

I have these

I can vouch for the "totally waterproof in hazards" part. I stepped on what I thought was a reed bed yesterday, and ended up fully submerged, to almost the very top of the shoe. What I thought was water in the shoe, was just the coldness outside the shoe, and I ended up staying completely dry.

Great shoe - although like any shoe, the first time out in them isn't comfortable. After that, they're great.

andy.

I have cheaper Nikes as well. TBH... i love them. Spent $50 on them, compared to $75+ that most of the nice shoes were selling for.

I've had a number of different golf shoes over the last two to three years and I have mixed reviews about them all. For some random reason my mom decided I needed a pair of the Ecco Worldclass GTX. They are a real classy shoe, all white, all leather sole, gore tex etc etc... all nice feature except one, comfort! They run in about 400 and they are nice shoes, real sleek... you'll look like Monty out there, but notice Monty doesn't carry his bag. They just aren't that comfortable...

Now I'm using my younger brothers old pair of FJ Dry Joy Pro's, again, not all that comfy but a whole lot better than the Ecco's. I really would love to invest in a pair of 360 Tour II's but at 180 its just a little too much considering I don't really need a new pair of shoes.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I was playing a cheap pair of $30 shoes that I bought while I as in college, only because they were the only pair I could afford. Dexters I think. They tore my feet up, especially the back of my heel/achilles area. This led me to playing barefoot for a whole summer. I actually dropped my handicap by around 7-8 shots that summer, but started having my back hurt after each round and practice session. I'd walk with sandals on, then kick them off for everything but chipping and putting.

I decided to break down and buy a nice pair of Adidas clima-cools this summer. They are not designed to be water proof, but I don't play in the early mornings, so it isn't a big deal for me. They do keep my feet from sweating which means no athlete's foot flare ups

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

I always walk and so I have used the TW tennis style shoes and even the newer nike shox style golf shoes. I purchased a pair or the Adidas tour 360's early this year and its by far the best golf shoe I have ever owned. Black goes with everything, waterproof, and comfortable as can be. The only thing you need to look for in a golf shoe is for style and waterproofness (its a word in this case).

As far as shoes adding distance to your drives, more balance,etc... give me a break. If someone ever tells you that they have no idea of what they are talking about and should be beaten with a 9 iron.

As far as the guy who was talking about playing in tennis shoes because of over swinging.....that guy knows what hes talking about. Sandal style golf shoes will also help with this.

You need to spend money to get good golf shoes. The quality of leather, being waterproof, etc... all equals spending $150 and up.

Driver FT-5 9.5-neutral-stiff
Wood Fusion 3 wood 15*-neutral-stiff
Irons X-forged irons 4-W
Wedges Vokey spinned milled 54* bent to 52*,56* and 60*
Putter Tour Blue TT3Balls Pro V1x

The higher priced shoes certainly have the latest ideas, but I doubt they add distance, except in wet weather. I have a wide foot and own two pairs of the FJ athletics. Only 1 yr waterproof guarantee. The footbed is not as good as the higher priced shoes, but I use my own orthotics and replace them anyway. If you have a wide foot or wear orthotics give them a look. Comfortable right out of the box.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!