IGNORED

First time milestone!

jclark
Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I got a GUR and was putting for birdie! First time ever! Last year I was telling myself I would never get on the green in two on a par five. With a lot of practice over the winter I am already reaping the benefits early this year!

- Jered

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A GUR? Thats Ground Under Repair. Sure its not a GIR (Green in Regulation).

If so, very impressive to have a HCP of 13 without ever hitting GIR, you must be an up-and-down miracle

Originally Posted by jclark

Lol! Green under regulation. I got on the green in two shots on a par 5.

Then weren't you putting for eagle?

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Yep. I said birdie above, meant eagle. Sorry for the typo....should probably proof read before I post. Sorry

- Jered

lol you're fine man, I was just a little confused

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Congrats. I have done that twice before. Missed the putt both times. Definitely one of the most satisfying feelings I have had that is golf related. The only eagle I had was when I hit my second on a par 5 into a bunker, then holed the bunker shot.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I've traditionally been a short knocker, never could get the driver out there.  On good days I would get it out there 210.  I'm into my 3rd year playing golf and have managed to get my cap down to 13-15 without much of a driving game.  This year I dedicated myself to getting some distance off of the tee, and forced myself to move from the white tees (5500-6000 yards) to the blue tees (6000-6600).  I had my first 2 Greens Under Regulation in the last month.  Missed both Eagles, but damn that's a sweet feeling having an easy 2 putt for birdie.

Congrats on yours, and many more to come!

yeah that's a feat, how long was the par 5?  i drove a 300y par 4 the other day and missed my eagle putt by 6".  but it was cool to choke up a little on the driver and put the ball exactly pin high...it made me feel like i knew what i was doing!

Thanks everybody! The hole was 480 from my tee. I know, it sounds like a fairly short par 5 but that was the distance. I hit it about 280 off the tee with a second shot of 200. I hit a hybrid on the green from the rough and got the ball to stop about 20 yards past the hole. And had an impossible putt for eagle. Ended up making a par because my putting is horrible! But by gosh I had a chance at eagle!
  • Upvote 1

- Jered

milestones like this are very exciting... i remember my first eagle putt.... had two on that round!! Was awesome.

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!