IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Swinging harder/faster

Goes right

Goes way left, like OB OB left, but at least not stalling out, shanking. Staying committed. Bowed the wrist too much, face is so shut at end of swing.

Straight-ish, a tad left

Straight in 240

Head translates back around A3 to A4, could keep head steadier, extend back more going to top. A little too much rollover post A7? Could do more bat signal too, trail foot should be more off tippy toe off the ground at finish. But heading in the right direction I think.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some of the best swings I've seen you make, great work Steve!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

Some of the best swings I've seen you make, great work Steve!

Thanks! Looking at the DTL again right shoulder's high, but small steps...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Troublesome longer clubs tend to stall, extend arms early, not keep rotating, hips go too up, not staying in inclination. Focused more on staying in inclination, pop/push up a little later while rotating. Need to feel more motorcycle too. Cannot go at full speed yet without throwing out angles early.

Steve

Variability of practice. 

3H push cut, top of BS, old habit of loosey goosey at top, a touch of over hinging and steepening probably the culprit. Maybe a touch steep at A5.

OK, get rid of loosey goosey at top, tighten that transition, still a touch steep at 5? Still right to right but very playable, maybe cuppy impact, man I wish I had that Golftec 2 angle setup all the time. Having more flexed wrist at top, harder to flex it coming down because still not used to it afraid of left to left.

Keep tight transition, flatten that shaft (sure did, it's pointing way outside ball at 5), starts right coming back a little left.

Want to pull that mat more back to see clubhead at A8 from FO, but not sure how staff will react.

Want to dig into the ground more for leverage and power, but not yet. 

Steve

Getting swing w/long clubs to look more like swing with shorter clubs. With driver fewer idiot marks when pinning lead arm to chest on the downswing, minimize dropping of arms, which steepens shaft and also stalls turn. Also the feel of the wrist bowing through impact is more extreme. A little old man finish, but feeling more of a stretch on the backswing, less bending of lead arm more extension of back. 

Steve

Looking pretty good to me. To my eye, you are doing my priority pieces pretty well, so I'd kill to have some of the positions you're hitting! Namely, these two:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 1.14.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-29 at 1.14.35 PM.png

Seems like you lay the club down pretty naturally. I need to get to the range next week to do some slow-ish swings before I ramp up the speed. This is a good reminder!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

6 hours ago, RandallT said:

Looking pretty good to me. To my eye, you are doing my priority pieces pretty well, so I'd kill to have some of the positions you're hitting! Namely, these two:

Seems like you lay the club down pretty naturally. I need to get to the range next week to do some slow-ish swings before I ramp up the speed. This is a good reminder!

Thanks! It'll still get steep, especially when going past edge of ability, swing too fast, so I'll do that lay down move @iacas and @pcombs21 showed me plus get the pivot sequenced better. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 7.08.22 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Steve

Variability in practice:

Something funky about this backswing. Too flat? Heel contact. 

BS more on plane here, looks more like stock swing. 

Not straightening arms post impact, usually get a higher ball flight when this happens. 

Straighter arms here. When thinking arms straight post impact the problem is will straighten arms towards ball not target. Getting better at not doing this by pinning arm to armpits but the problem with that is arms can get too behind. The better thought is arms straight, but suck keep upper arm super attached to shoulder socket for lack of a better term. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 5.32.16 PM.png

Steve

Used 240 fps for long clubs. Leveraging ground a little more.

Steve

Turning better with the driver. Gets sloppy at A4 with the hands, steepens a little, need to shallow shaft and flex wrist just a nudge. That's minor compared with pivoting better, syncing top and bottom and more rotated at impact. Lots to go to make it more athletic.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 4.45.07 PM.png

Steve

More adduction of left shoulder ~4, more down and around/cover, while maintaining adduction. It's a bit fat, probably needs more arms straight post impact with added lead arm supination and guessing release that lead shoulder adduction and more trail shoulder adduction, otherwise, more wipe. Funky angle, forgot tripod, balanced camera on club stand.

Steve

Looking pretty amazing - just that weight forward to look at! What are the bad shots currently? Great work :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

15 minutes ago, b101 said:

Looking pretty amazing - just that weight forward to look at! What are the bad shots currently? Great work :-)

Thanks! Generally right or fat. 

Steve

Got too focused on rotation to the detriment of weight forward, Key #2. Low point was moving back from target. Noticed top half was lagging behind bottom, so more "stacked" and lateral, thought was to get top half more on top of ball. A combo of holding back the bottom from rotating just a smidge at 4 but letting the top go forward, and more right side bend while shallowing, motorcycle and lead shoulder adduction. Strikes are more solid, low point more forward. Hands covering more of the thigh at 6. More reverse C at 8. The tl;dr is weight staying back, got flippy. Fix is more stacked.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.55.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-11 at 4.01.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 4.11.09 PM.png

Steve

In previous range sessions, hands were just barely getting to the thighs, today, here covering half of the trail thigh. Guessing it should be harder to fat it from here.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 4.30.18 PM.png

More SAT, Key #2

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 4.36.20 PM.png

A little too focused on FO views, will have to do DTL next time. This is why I mess the Golftec setup.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 7.08.22 PM.png

Steve

What the ****, I'll try that Rahm shot it might come in handy someday. It tends to go right. And it the wrist hurts on the follow through. With the catch and this I think the pro is giving me the stink eye, YOLO. 

Steve

Gotta get this nailed in my head. The text not the swing. Effective/dynamic vs look.

Steve