IGNORED

losing your game?

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its nice to know that I am not going crazy, becasue for the past two weeks, I thought I was done for. I have been shooting between 81 and 86 consistently for the past two months. The last two weeks I have been having major driving issues resulting in a nasty snap hook. It's really eating away at me. Anyways, it is comforting to know that others are going through the same tribulations.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

had a similar problem once.

on your downswing make your sure your only swingthought is pulling the butt end of your club toward the ball. I mean really just attack the ball, but with the butt end of your club. give it a try.

this is a tip I got from my instructor when I was having the same problem and its generally just been a very good swingthought for me in almost all circumstances.

In my Golf Bag:

Driver: W-506 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon 59g, Stiff, High Bp
3-Metal: Eye-O-Matic, Aldila NV-S, Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3, 19°, StiffIrons: 3-PW CompEZ, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold, S300Wedges: CG-10 46°, Vokey 58°Putter: Zing2Ball: Pro V1x (only if they are...

I just got up from my office chair and took a few practice swings and that is a great tip! I think taking my mind off of the problem and focusing on something small like that will help tremendously. I will let you know how it works out!

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

Get back to the fundamentals...After all, Michael Jordan became the best basketball player of all time because he ruthlessly practiced 3 things: shooting, passing, dribbling. Maybe it's not sexy, but I guarantee it works.

The equivalent of shooting, passing, dribbling in golf would be grip, stance & posture, and swing plane...not sexy, but I guarantee it works!

If you haven't already read it (every serious golfer needs this book in their bag) read or re-read Ben Hogan's five lessons...you can buy it here used for $2.85
http://no1golfbookreviews.com/catego...-book-reviews/

Cheers!

In my experience, it always due to an extra moving part. That is, I start to swing my arms too much, or my grip becomes lax and the club shifts during my swing, or my legs get 'wishy-washy,' etc... The best golf swings come from the least number of moving parts. Hit the range with a PW and launch a bucket at the 50-yd marker. When distance and swing speed aren't issues, I usually discover what "excess" movement I was making.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I'm so glad this thread exists. I play five days a week and practice my short game on weekends and for months my short game has been right on. Then earlier this week it just goes away! Yesterday I was terrified of any shot around the green! I'm blading simple chips, hitting little lobs super fat, and putting like my hands, arms, and shoulders are made of pig iron! I get panicky real easy and think I'm the only person out there that is having a hard time with this hard game so it helps me immensely to see in print that I am not alone in this misadventure. thanks - dayll.

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!