• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lugonza_2001

Any chance of recovering this wedge

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I bought this wedge for just 20 euros, i was looking for a very used club to practice on bunkers.

When i got home, i saw that the club was in better shape that i had expected, the shaft was perfect and the clubhead was just dirty and a bi rusty, so i decided to clean it a bit. I poured some lemon on the clubface, and afterwards i soaked the club in coca-cola  to get the rust off the club. Now it looks very clean, but seems to have lost the original color in some parts.

Do i have any chance of recovering the look it had in the past?

Thanks a lot.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Coke will kill ... anything.

Probably nothing short than a complete refinish, looking at the photo. And too expensive to do with that wedge. But nothing wrong with playing a wedge "as is". You'll probably confound your friends by playing well with a beat up wedge. Not a lot of bounce on that one - hope you have a shallow attack angle.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you can paint with enamel paint from michaels or joanns. they have one made for metal and takes 48 hours to cure.

there was a recent thread on here about a guy who recovered a putter.  Would you be able to polish the metal with a polishing compound?  It would take off additional material, and you probably would want to tape the face to not reduce the surface of the club.

The question is would polishing the club reduce the metal to the point where you would start to notice the swing weight?

Thank you all for your replies. the thing is, i went to practice last weekend and after hitting about 30 bunker shots, the club was looking better! Maybe the sand did some kind of polish work... who knows...