IGNORED

My Swing (Reg5000)

Reg5000
Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 5+ Years

My current handicap index or average score is: -

My typical ball flight is: High slight left to right fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Any feedback is good feedback

Videos:

I defer to the experts, but from a quick glance, it looks like you are turning way too far on your backswing - the club is almost perpendicular to the ground at the top of your swing. I would have to guess that hurts your ball striking consistency since it would have to be a bit out of control with that much room to get back to the ball.

Also it looks like you may be set up 6 inches or so too far away from the ball, your weight looks to be a little too much on the toes.

The last thing I noticed in the DTL video is that you are certainly coming from over the top - try and focus on hitting the inside of the ball - I like to think "hit it out to the right" to get the feel I want.

EDIT:

This screencap is what I mean when I say you're turning too far on your backswing. If your chest is starting at 6 o'clock at address, you're rotating to about 1130. Impressive flexibility, but it has to kill consistency. I would shoot for rotating only to like 8 o'clock or 8:30.

Thanks for the feedback.  I always knew I went way past parallel on my backswing.  The distance in doing so is nice but yeah it is inconsistant.  Also thanks for the over the top comment I had a feeling I was doing it just didn't notice how much until I watched my swing on video.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Reg5000

Thanks for the feedback.  I always knew I went way past parallel on my backswing.  The distance in doing so is nice but yeah it is inconsistant.  Also thanks for the over the top comment I had a feeling I was doing it just didn't notice how much until I watched my swing on video.

Your distance can probably improve if you keep the torso ("shoulder") turn but control your arms from lifting quite so much, and actually being much closer to a club around or even short of parallel.

Shorten the arm swing while keeping the torso turning the same amount.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!