IGNORED

New Member - New Jersey

dataris17
Note: This thread is 3986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

My name is Dustin and I'm an avid golfer (probably why most of us are here).

I'm about a 9 handicap, right now the computer says 9.1. I don't feel like I'm quite that good, but I've been tracking for about a year now and that's what it comes out to, so that's what it is. Most of the time, I'm a low 80s type player. The rounds in the 70s can be elusive.

I played golf for my high school, but then didn't play in college. Now I'm an accountant and during the summer have Fridays off, which is when I get some extra golf in. I try to practice after work two days a week in addition to any rounds I play on the weekends.

Other than golf, I'm a big New York sports fan, specifically Yankees, Jets, Knicks.

Hope to learn some things from some of you guys and also contribute any knowledge I have where possible. I don't exactly consider myself a good golf teacher, but I have been playing for most of my life (started when I was in grade school and am 24 now).

Welcome Dustin. I'm in NJ too but root for the Mets. Play the Morris County courses quite a bit.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Kujan, where to you play up there? The municipal courses? My girlfriend lives in Bergen and I'm always looking for places to play up that way since I'm not from that area.

Flanders, Sunset Valley, Berkshire Valley are good county courses. I also play at Rutgers where I work. RU is in great shape.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Originally Posted by Kujan

Flanders, Sunset Valley, Berkshire Valley are good county courses. I also play at Rutgers where I work. RU is in great shape.

Let me add Black Bear ... about 15 minutes farther north than Berkshire (which is also a great course), but it's a nice course & usually can get deals on golfnow.com.    Welcome to the OP !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took a ride to Architects yesterday because i got a golfnow deal. I'll have to look out for black bear too. Architechts was really nice, first time playing the course.

Note: This thread is 3986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!