IGNORED

Singles

NXT No. 3's
Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Theres just something about playing as a single, early morning at a great track that just hits you to the bone. Anyone else know what i'm talking about. I always play so much better, and the round is so much more relaxing and fun whenever I'm playing by myself. I get a real good chance to really take everything in... and since theres no rush, I dont hurry my shots and have plenty of time to focus on the shot ahead.

Like this morning, played a Golf Digest 4.5 star course... tee'd off at 8:15... fog still on the course. Cold enough to wear sleeve's on the first 9, take them off after the turn. 39 on the front, 41 on the back.

Amazing, I hope someone else can relate on this.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

I love those days, early, all by yourself, I know exactly what you mean, and i would have said the exact same thing.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Theres just something about playing as a single, early morning at a great track that just hits you to the bone. Anyone else know what i'm talking about. I always play so much better, and the round is so much more relaxing and fun whenever I'm playing by myself. I get a real good chance to really take everything in... and since theres no rush, I dont hurry my shots and have plenty of time to focus on the shot ahead.

At my club, people who go off by themselves are generally viewed as poor unfortunate sots who can't seem to start or sustain a golfing buddy relationship, or otherwise have some deficiency that causes other to shun them. These poor fools who so harshly judge others must not be very comfortable with themselves or enjoy the pleasure solitude can sometimes bring. I have rarely enjoyed anything more than an early morning round played at my speed, focused on nothing but my game. I have scored my best round on just such a morning. Late afternoon in the summer, when the sky remains light until eight, can be equally a pleasure. Now don't get me wrong, I do like playing with others ( oh, and please, please don't let anyone at my club think of me as the true golf geek and dork I truly am ). But, I must agree with you that a round of golf played by oneself can be a special time unmatched by much else. Of course it helps if such a round is followed by a glass of very fine wine, over which one may savor the memories of living very well. And by the way, I am leaving work a bit early today so that I may enjoy just the sort of round we are all now savoring!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I'm with you. One of my most memorable rounds of golf happened when I had only been golfing a couple months last October when I woke up at work time on a Saturday morning. I cooked breakfast and found myself at a local course that has tons of great views and beautiful trees. I was there about ten minutes before the clubhouse was even open so I had a chance to wander around a little just taking things in. I was first off the first tee, it was about 50 degrees and pretty foggy still. The leaves were in mid-change and deer were everywhere.

On the second hole I nearly got my cart stuck on the side of a hill I had no business being on with dew still on the greass. Later on I nearly got stuck in a creek trying to get over a submerged bridge that had too much mud on it to get traction. I also lost so many balls that I had to finish with my wife's that were in my bag and happened to be pink. Luckily there wasn't anyone around to see. ;^)

I hate playing by myself, it's crap!

I've got 3 or 4 different regular partners / groups that I play with, but I work shifts, and as such, it can be hard to arrange a date.

I usually shoot pants when I'm by myself, though having said that, the other day was my best round ever.

Going out by myself tomorrow, so we shall see how it goes.

Grrr!

andy.

Isn't each round by yourself essentially a practice round as you can't count the score for your handicap index??

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

I totally agree with what you are saying but I just have it the opposite way, I play at night until dark when no one is on my home course. Every day usually at 7 PM I'll go on and play till I can't and its perfect, people on league are finishing up and if anything it will be the owner out there hitting a few balls so I can chat it up with him. But if I didn't have to work in the morning I would go out more early. Its relaxing but the only negative is that they are always cutting grass then and night time is quieter.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Around here {long island} you never get a chance to play all alone except in the late fall or early spring.I play as a sigle and get hooked up with strangers which I enjoy alot.I play better with better players and play real wellearly in morn when we play fast {sub 3 hours}.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

When you play alone you can concentrate and focus more. Also you can notice more things as when you're playing with someone else, you might be talking and you'll be a bit more distracted.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I think its a true testament to those who can go out, alone, and play a thorough 18 holes, enjoying every second. I appreciate the game more when I'm by myself. I tend to vocalize my thoughts as I'm taking practice swings or making reads (just helps to remember and when Im playing with others I look like a crazy).

And it is correct, you cannot post a score when you play by yourself because there was no one there to attest. But, to tell you the truth, I could give a rats ass about my index. I only use it so I can tell people I haven't played with before a legitimate HDCP.

Also, I had a three some let me pass through today on #10 and since I was playing well I didn't want to join them. I had a good pace going and was on fire, so if it aint broke dont fix it. They gave me that, young kid can't find anyone to play with look when I walked up to the tournament tees (blues). I stuck my drive dead center of the fairway 300 out, perfect shot and then smiled at them as I drove past while they were teeing up from the whites.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

Isn't each round by yourself essentially a practice round as you can't count the score for your handicap index??

from the USGA website 5-1a/2. Score Made When Playing Alone Q: If a player plays alone, should the score be returned for handicap purposes? A: Yes, provided the round is played in accordance with The Rules of Golf.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

for me I too work shifts (rotating) and have off from work mostly during the week....

so playing golf for me is alot of playing by myself, and let me say I love it, if I want to I can hit 2 balls off the tee and choose the best ball, or should I not get the result I like after a shot, I can simply throw down another ball and attempt to hit it better the next time.......also for me, it helps me devote my energy and attention to my game, trying to get better and not solely out there to shot the bull, don't get me wrong I love the times I get out there with friends or some other people that I possibility get hooked up with, but I enjoy the game more playing by myself.

• Administrator
And it is correct, you cannot post a score when you play by yourself because there was no one there to attest.

Wrong, per the answer below. Also look at

section 5-2f of the Handicap System Manual for "Unacceptable Scores."
from the USGA website

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play most of my golf by myself, unless I get set up with someone that I don't know. Sometimes I'm fine with that, it's let me meet some interesting people. But, I always play better when I'm by myself. The best round of my life came while playing by myself before a big thunderstorm hit in the late afternoon. I play 18 in less than 2 hours and shot a 73. Everything just fell into place.

That said, I also enjoy playing with groups of friends or family, as it give you a chance to do some friendly insulting and needling. My wife is getting into golf as well, so soon I'll have a playing partner any time, at least for the first nine holes.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Played this morning alone. Teed of about 5:35, finished about 7:50. One of the most enjoyable rounds in along time. I usually go out as a single, but 90% of the time I get paired up with someone.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

personally for me it was a fight at 1st going out as a single, worried what people would think and all that crap, but I began to realize that I don't know these people from Adam and most if not all of my friends don't even play Golf, so why penaltize myself because of that. I've come to meet alot of great people out on the course playing by myself

They gave me that, young kid can't find anyone to play with look when I walked up to the tournament tees (blues).

There's a look for this? That's kinda sad.

I tried to play alone at my local 9 hole on Sunday evening, but it all of a sudden got busy and I got paired up with a father / son combo. All was still well, the little kid was incredible 100 yards and in!

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!