IGNORED

Do you all hook the daylights out of yoru Hybrid?

despereaux
Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a right to left player, but my goodness to I hook the daylights outta that hybrid I have...25 yards of "draw" sometimes.

I don't pull hook it mind you...I simply start it out over the pretty homes on the right side of the hole and hope it comes back!!

I have a proper shaft....though I did buy the thing out of the bargain barrell...are the Taylor Made Rescue Mid's too offset for folks that already have a right to left ball flight?

Any other have the same problem and find a more appropriate club?

In my Golf Bag:

Driver: W-506 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon 59g, Stiff, High Bp
3-Metal: Eye-O-Matic, Aldila NV-S, Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3, 19°, StiffIrons: 3-PW CompEZ, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold, S300Wedges: CG-10 46°, Vokey 58°Putter: Zing2Ball: Pro V1x (only if they are...

I used to have the same problem. Most hybrids are offset and people like us tend to over-draw the ball. I recently got the Adams Pro Series hybrids, which have no offset and they are 10 times better than other hybrids I have hit. The Taylor Made TP versions also have no offset and the Titleist might. Give those a try and see if they work for you.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I'm a right to left player, but my goodness to I hook the daylights outta that hybrid I have...25 yards of "draw" sometimes.

I had the same issue with my Rescue Mid as it was a hook machine. I switched to the Cleveland Halo and that seemed to work out much better (plus right now you can get them cheap).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't play a hybrid to save my life. I kept one in my bag for putting out of the rough, but I favor my 5 wood to that anyway so I gave it to my Dad who likes it a lot better and seems to know how to use it.

I also have a lot of trouble hooking a ball at all...even when I am trying to.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I play right to left flight on my ball. I find that if make sure not to over swing and play the ball in the center of my stance I don't have that problem

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

As I have got better at golf I have started to hit the ball further and more accurately. In my irons that means a 20 yard slice has turned into a 5 yard draw. Which is fine, but in my hybrids a 10 yard fade has turned into a 10 yard draw and my mishits are going 30 yards left. However as long as you know how much you slice/hook/fade/draw the ball consistently you should be ok.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

yup... hybrid, driver, woods. My swing gets too quick, i get stuck and cant clear my left side. I dont blame it on the club though.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Yep- the Taylor Mades and Callaways have a massive hook bias. Try Sonartecs or Hogans.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

You just need to play the ball back in your setup to stop getting around so much. play it as a Iron not a wood.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• Administrator
You just need to play the ball back in your setup to stop getting around so much. play it as a Iron not a wood.

For many people, that will simply lead to more hooks. Further back means you're coming from the inside even more.

Some hybrids are heel-weighted or slightly closed or just a little offset (offset matters very little in this equation). Some aren't. If the hybrid is the only club you hook with, get a different hybrid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For many people, that will simply lead to more hooks. Further back means you're coming from the inside even more.

That's a true statement, but most don't have the swing your talking about, they think they do and watching many golfers as you have also you see the casting the club out from the top or swinging around their body thinking they have a good swing,even bring the club straight back and straight thru with their arms only. Why he's hitting a twenty five yard hook I don't know? All we do is try helping with some tips for someone who we will never see hit the ball on a course.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 3 weeks later...

I see. It's the hybrid you play the TM Rescue Mid is designed to hook. It's for slicers!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I used to have the same problem. Most hybrids are offset and people like us tend to over-draw the ball. I recently got the Adams Pro Series hybrids, which have no offset and they are 10 times better than other hybrids I have hit. The Taylor Made TP versions also have no offset and the Titleist might. Give those a try and see if they work for you.

Totally agreed. The Rescue Mids are offset plus 1 degree closed, and I would get the hooks with them bad at times. I finally changed to the Rescue Dual TPs (slightly heavier swing weight than the mids, plus removes the close face, etc).

I can still hit a bad hook with them every once in a while, but that is the Indian not the arrow in this case. I do not feel like they are going to go 25 yards left on me like the Rescue Mids at times.
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

• Administrator
Totally agreed. The Rescue Mids are offset plus 1 degree closed, and I would get the hooks with them bad at times. I finally changed to the Rescue Dual TPs (slightly heavier swing weight than the mids, plus removes the close face, etc).

I had the Rescue Dual TP, but you can see in my sig I've been using the 585.H for quite awhile now too. The 585.H is the purest hybrid I've hit as far as doing what you ask of it.

And yeah, all of TM's non-TP stuff goes left for me. I won't use any of it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Rescue Mids are offset

Actually that's not true, the TM Rescue Mid face is square. This straight from the TM website

Rescue Mid Specifications . I see this posted all over the internet all the time. I've measured mine and they are indeed square. The club does have about 5-6mm of offset that the TP versions don't have though. Better players will generally prefer little or no offset. FWIW, I hit my Rescue Mids straight. I can work them right or left if I have to but my natural swing is a high, slight fade. I wouldn't recommend the TM Rescue Mid to a person who hits a draw as their natural shot.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Actually that's not true, the TM Rescue Mid face is square. This straight from the TM website

Damn you are right. So much for believing the Taylormade club fitter.

Okay so the offset is really the big issue, and yes hitting a draw with the club can be an issue. -Justin
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

My Taylormade hybrid has more of an offset than I would like causing me to hit huge hooks.

In my Bag:
SQ 10.5*
Old Burner 15*
CPR hybrid 21*
NDS Irons (4-PW) Vokey 52*,Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60* NewportBallsTP Red

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!