IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

I'm basically just trying to focus on turning my shoulders here to force my hips to turn also. Not sure if that's the best way to work on this or not.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm basically just trying to focus on turning my shoulders here to force my hips to turn also. Not sure if that's the best way to work on this or not.

To be clear, those swings caused pain, or those were okay?

How confident are you that, with a ball on the ground and a hole 185 yards that-a-way, you can make that backswing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To be clear, those swings caused pain, or those were okay?

How confident are you that, with a ball on the ground and a hole 185 yards that-a-way, you can make that backswing?

These were pretty much ok, I stopped just as I felt my back tighten. I'm not sure about confidence in the backswing just yet, I'm just looking to see if that is better hip and shoulder turn. I can tone it down some yet from there still if you are thinking it's too long.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

These were pretty much ok, I stopped just as I felt my back tighten. I'm not sure about confidence in the backswing just yet, I'm just looking to see if that is better hip and shoulder turn. I can tone it down some yet from there still if you are thinking it's too long.

Okay, good, because they're plenty long enough.

Small tweaks (two):

1) It can be a little bit shorter still, yes.

2) You can stay a teeny tiny bit more "bent over" in doing this (so your head doesn't go forward).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok, quick update just to make sure this is where I should be hitting for my drills.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I may go out and try to play some golf today, is there a swing thought I should have on the course which is different than what I am focusing on with my practice?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

I may go out and try to play some golf today, is there a swing thought I should have on the course which is different than what I am focusing on with my practice?

No. Just make your backswing much shorter than you think, because it will get longer on the golf course.

Ok, simple enough.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

No. Just make your backswing much shorter than you think, because it will get longer on the golf course.

True. Funny how that happens.

- Shane

Ok, so took the swing to a course I haven't play in forever. Front nine isn't really worth talking about, I hit some shots that weren't even that far offline but the rough seemed to be eating the golf balls. I stopped keeping score after 4 holes and just focused on keeping my swing compact and short. I started hitting some really really nice shots but I was hitting multiple balls because it was backed up and figured it was a good time to keep trying to ingrain the swing. Back nine was better, I shot 11 over but that was with 2 holes I 3 putted birdie to bogey. No excuses, just missed some short putts for par. I have to say, other than struggling with my driver swing I notice my swing was much more powerful. The sound was totally different and my iron shots had a beautiful if overly high flight. Most were nice 5 yard draws. On the 8th hole it's a par 5 90 degree dogleg right. I hit 4 iron over the corner and waited for the group behind me to come up because we were backed up again. I told them to go ahead and play along with me. I told them I didn't know the course so I just hit 4 iron over the corner. The one guy tells me "there's no way your 4 iron made it over that, it's too far", I didn't argue because I figured I may well be wrong and I was short. I wasn't short. I out drove all 3 guys with my 4 iron.... It was probably about 240 ish. I have an appointment to have a flightscope session saturday at 2. Once I get that done I'll post the results. I'll try to get to the range again this week and film my swing. I just can't get over the sound of my swing now though, it sounds so much faster and powerful it's just crazy. I don't anticipate everything to be perfect, my clubface control is still lacking a bit but I know that's something that will come as we go forward with the lessons.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, took the swing to the course again. This time with much better results. I'm still struggling the driver, keep hitting push fades and slices. My irons were much better. I could tell when I flipped and when I didn't though. Putting wasn't too bad tonight, I did miss a couple shorter putts but my long putts were really good.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

League went decent. Driver swing still a struggle but I was able to shoot 11 over even with a couple bad holes. Even got a birdie in there. Putting was good again, nothing over 2 putts on a hole.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok so my tee shots are a struggle right now. Last night I hit mostly push fades and today I hit almost all pull draw/hooks. My iron shots were mostly good and if I didn't hit a green I was close to it. It doesn't seem like I'm having trouble keeping my swing shorter. I started off today working on doing a vlog but that didn't work out because by the 3rd hole it was backed up pretty bad.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Kind of hard to see, I'm sorry, but this was a quick clip from what was going to be my vlog. Anyway, you can see here I am not going passed parallel on the driver swing anymore, I didn't really flip this swing either. It was a pull draw. I think my problems now are more downswing/timing? I could be wrong of course. I put a tee in the back of my glove so I could feel when I flipped at the ball. Like I said though, most of my iron shots were really good. My score was severely impacted by my lack of getting off the tee even decently.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, did my flightscope session today. Basically too steep on my irons and to flat on my driver by the numbers. Positive side is I am hitting on my driver, averaged + 5 degrees AoA and 105 mph clubhead speed. Main problem outside of being too flat on my swing was lack of center face contact. Not much surprise there. I'm pretty impressed that I was able to determine my driver swing speed based solely on my average distances of my other clubs though. The guy pulled out what he called "the pillow" to help me fix my driver swing plan. Talk about instant change, it was pretty much like a little couch cushion that went between me and the ball with the shaft barely touching the top of it. He said "now try to hit the ball".... Worked out pretty well because the next swing the ball went dead straight with a tiny 5 yard draw. I'll probably use it when I'm at the range in the future. I'm not sure if there is something similar to help make my iron swings less steep though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
Too steep we know. That's next. How do you know you were too flat? What was your driver VSP?

Too steep we know. That's next.

How do you know you were too flat? What was your driver VSP?

VSP? Not sure where to find that, the too flat was based on swing path to the right through impact. Or maybe it was just way too inside to out?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: