IGNORED

Titleist 913D3 or Taylormade R1

Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Both of these drivers are premium clubs. It really comes down to performance and preference. You can't go wrong picking either one as long as it is the right one for you. I have hit both and ended up with a Callaway Razr Fit Tour Edition with the Project X Black shaft.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 months later...

my uncle who is a terrible golfer picked up an R1 recently and i will say it has definately improved his driving. as for you i am assuming you are a better player and would go with the titleist. i also have the choice of the two ( i can pick any driver head i want i just narrowed it down) and am thinking of the titleist 913 d3 with the OBAN kyoshi purple and am excited to see how my numbers are when i get fitted :D

Go to a golf shop and try everything that they have there. Pings, Taylormade, Titleist, Cleveland, Callaway, Mizuno etc. Once you have hit everything there, start to narrow down your list first by which drivers perform the best for you. Pick your top 3 or so of ones that perform well for you. Now go ahead and try out all the different shaft options with those. Factor in spinrates, dispersion patterns, and distance all into how well the driver performs for you.

In addition, remember that it is also a personal factor. If you hit one club great, but you hate how it looks and want to barf every time you pull the sock off of it there's virtually no point in buying it, as it will not inspire confidence. Go with what the numbers tell you, as well as what you feel most comfortable and confident hitting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!