IGNORED

Anyone ever had this happen?

Masa
Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So a few months ago I ended up buying all new clubs because of some deals I got through work. Anyway, at the time my swing speed on the driver was about 86-88 and around 76-79 with a six iron.

Due to school at the moment I haven't played in about 3 weeks, but I made an adjustment to my swing in that time. So I was hitting a little last night and my swing speed has suddenly taken a pretty large jump. Driver was 104-105, with the six iron at 92-93. All my clubs have regular flex shafts so I'm not worried about that, but I did notice the launch angle on the driver was a bit lower now.

So has anyone else noticed a large jump in swing speed and/or distance without any real explanation?

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

I never got hooked up for that stuff...I'd assume my swing speed is like 90-95 with the driver though...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I have actually never had that. Kinda funny, my swing speed has been the same the last 2 times i went, although the first time i topped at 101 and the second time i topped at 105. But im usually around 92-97
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I had something similar happen to me too. I have a HS9 that I was fitted for with regular flex shaft. Yesterday at the course the guy I was playing with said that the club was flexing far too much. I haven't gone back to see if my speed has gone up but that is the only thing I can think of that would make it do that. I seem to be pushing the ball to the right or left.

Driver - FT-9
3W - FT-i Squarewood
Irons - 3-9
Wedges - CG12 48°, CG14 52°, 56° & 60°
Putter - Newport 1.5

Yes- I had a series of lessons with a great instructor. I haven't been on a lunch monitor, but in the last few weeks, my irons got much longer (about 2 clubs) and my driver gained about 20-30 yards of carry.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I had a big-time jump in swing speed over the last three months, although I know why. I started lifting weights five, six times a week. I went from 80-ish to about 105, and added 50 yards to my drives, and about 30 yards, give or take, on my irons. (I somehow fire my hips with little to no weight shift at the same time)

Also, Dodson, I'd suggest a stiff flex shaft, at 105mph. Unless you've got really good tempo, I'd wager you pull a lot of your drives. And if you don't pull it, you'll slice. And, if you back off and hit it at 75 percent, you'll hook it. (If that's true, look into a stiff shaft. You'll lose a few yards but gain a whole load of consistency.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yes- I had a series of lessons with a great instructor. I haven't been on a

hmm lunch monitor, ill have to try one of those. Does it add extra yards when you hit with it?
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I had a big-time jump in swing speed over the last three months, although I know why. I started lifting weights five, six times a week. I went from 80-ish to about 105, and added 50 yards to my drives, and about 30 yards, give or take, on my irons. (I somehow fire my hips with little to no weight shift at the same time)

lamebums, thanks for that.. wow, i think i just figured what i am doing. Im totally pulling all my drives or major slicing. I hit about a 92-100. I used to be really consistent with it, but then i noticed a lot of whip in my driver... come to think of it, maybe my swing speed has increased. You just perfectly describe what i do.
In My Bag

Also, Dodson, I'd suggest a stiff flex shaft, at 105mph. Unless you've got really good tempo, I'd wager you pull a lot of your drives. And if you don't pull it, you'll slice. And, if you back off and hit it at 75 percent, you'll hook it. (If that's true, look into a stiff shaft. You'll lose a few yards but gain a whole load of consistency.)

Yep, that was me in a nutshell. Driver speed is 107mph. Had a really whippy shaft on my driver and it was going everywhere, as described above. Played today with my new driver that has a stiff shaft and hit 11 out of 12 drivable fairways. The only one I missed was when some drunk guy playing in the other match of our foursome (club champs match play today!) started talking during my backswing and it put me off enough to blast it OB. Idiot. Its amazing having confidence with that club! If only I'd hit a few greens today... Irons are doing the same thing as the old driver. Stiff shafts coming!

I just switched from regular shaft to a stiff shaft, and my drives are still spraying far right. My ball speed is at 145-150, but not really sure on swing speed. Is stiff still the best option?
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I just switched from regular shaft to a stiff shaft, and my drives are still spraying far right. My ball speed is at 145-150, but not really sure on swing speed. Is stiff still the best option?

To me, it would be hard to say considering we dont know your swing speed. Try demoeing the same driver with a regular shaft of the same kind if you can get ahold of it and see which one you can hit better.

In My Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Get fit. Honestly, it's probably your swing. Learn to control the clubface

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Your swing speed could be up because you learned to release the club through the ball....

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Or that cream might not be flax seed oil yo.

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!