IGNORED

F1 (Formula 1) Racing Topic

GatorGolf

yea that is neat.  the future of watching sports

It’s about time for some Livery

IMG_2865.jpeg

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

• Administrator

When is DTS out?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i believe it’s the last week of Feb

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, grubby98 said:

i believe it’s the last week of Feb

Bah.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Sheesh.

i’m wondering if his sim sessions are showing mercedes have a crap car?

• Administrator
8 hours ago, grubby98 said:

i’m wondering if his sim sessions are showing mercedes have a crap car?

I don’t imagine that matters much since it’s next year. A lot can change.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Lewis has said he’s always dreamt of driving for Ferrari, but I honestly never thought he’d actually go drive for them with how much of a disaster the organization has been ever since 2008/2009 or so. Schumacher, Todt, and Braun ruled with an iron fist in the early 2000’s and the power vacuum created when they all left nearly simultaneously turned the team into a case study on messy internal politics. 

I know Mercedes has mentioned Lewis has an anti-poaching clause, but that doesn’t mean Ferrari can’t independently pursue others from Mercedes to work with Hamilton. I’ll be curious to see if Bono moves to Ferrari with him or if he’ll be stuck with one of the many comically bad race engineers Ferrari has trotted out lately. Hopefully for Lewis the strategy team will finally figure out some of their baffling calls as well. 

I'm not sure about this (newer fan of F1), but with the Lewis move and it not happening until next year, it seems like everyone has decided they are not going to catch Red bull this year so let's get ready for next season? 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

With the testing results thus far it looks like Red Bull really just decided, "Yeah, the zero pods were actually a good idea but Mercedes is just stupid."

Both Newey and GP (Max's race engineer) were grinning ear to ear as Max went out and smashed every other time on the board by nearly a full second despite not being on a qualifying simulation run.

• Administrator

I’m not following a ton - what’s the context? They’re in testing now, with other teams on the same track(s)?

they all are there but drivers split the time.  

dts is released tonight at midnight.  ill be sleeping but i’m sure i’ll watch it between hitting balls

On 2/21/2024 at 9:49 AM, iacas said:

I’m not following a ton - what’s the context? They’re in testing now, with other teams on the same track(s)?

They are, it’s the winter testing period here, and the new Red Bull car is using a “zeropod” minimalist sidepod concept very similar to what Mercedes ran for the first year+ before eventually giving up on the concept to try and copy last year’s Red Bull. 

The irony is that Mercedes switched away to try to get faster, but Red Bull switched to it and appears to have only increased the gap to other teams compared to last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after one race, is it safe to assume that the real race will be for 2nd thru 5th places? It looks like Ferrari was able to stay with Checho. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator

Checo won by like three seconds and probably wasn't pushing very hard the last five to ten laps.

And… he started behind both Ferrari, IIRC.

become a red bull fan in 2020. but with all the turmoil in the higher ups i’m wondering what the future will hold

hope some teams can catch up to red bull and make it entertaining.  but will enjoy watching the other top 3 teams fight