IGNORED

Hello from southern CA

Dandaman
Note: This thread is 6119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there! Where in The OC you play? Ever played Coto?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Where is Coto? I don't think I've ever heard of that, unless Coto is short for something. I try to mix it up a bit. I live closest to La Mirada GC, but that gets way to packed and doesnt really provide much of a challenge. I've played Mountain Meadows a good number of times in the past few weeks, but that's up in Pomona.

daniel

i live in mission viejo, ca

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Coto is Coto de Caza. Two courses of f'in hell! The South course actually isn't too terribly bad, really kinda pretty to look at. The North on the other hand, I equate it to PGA West Stadium in level of difficutly. From the back tees there isn't a par 4 under 420 on the back nine. Still REALLY fun to play though.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a good golf forum with some good activity. Looks like I found one. Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Great forum. Welcome to the forum. And I'm always glad to see more OC folks. I go back to visit regularly. I loved OC even in my pre-golf days, and now I also love the golf there.

Coto is Coto de Caza. Two courses of f'in hell! The South course actually isn't too terribly bad, really kinda pretty to look at. The North on the other hand, I equate it to PGA West Stadium in level of difficutly. From the back tees there isn't a par 4 under 420 on the back nine. Still REALLY fun to play though.

Coto is gorgeous! But I've only seen it in pictures. It's private, but Roger Dunn occasionally has outings there. I need to go to one of those outings. They're expensive though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It really is a nice place! The company that owns "my club" owns Coto. Not only that, but, the Director of Golf there along with the First Asistant Pro used to work at my place. I've got a pretty good connection.

The company is ClubCorp, now owned by KSL. They own a whole bunch of other places too. One of which is Firestone CC where the PGA is playing this week. You can find a list here... http://www.clubcorpgolf.com/ I'm lucky to be able to work for such a company. It's great. One of the neat benefits is with just a phone call from my head pro to the head pro at pretty much any of these courses would get me a place to play.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 6119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!