IGNORED

Good news about my local course!

TN94z
Note: This thread is 3880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, a long time ago, I played every day at our local course that was designed and built by Jack Nicklaus.  It has been my favorite course around every since.  Well, it ultimately ran into financial trouble after the Bear Trace blanket sold it to the local State Park.  It has since been sold a couple times and has now been closed for a while.

The rumor now is that Justin Timberlake and the investors that bought Mirimichi has now bought the course.  The word is that they are even going to drop the playing price.  This has been the problem with low turnout the entire time but no one ever dropped the price.  I am ECSTATIC about this because I absolutely love the course.  I can't wait for this to take place (hopefully it's not just a rumor).   This is what I need to get me back into golfing like I used to!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by TN94z

Well, a long time ago, I played every day at our local course that was designed and built by Jack Nicklaus.  It has been my favorite course around every since.  Well, it ultimately ran into financial trouble after the Bear Trace blanket sold it to the local State Park.  It has since been sold a couple times and has now been closed for a while.

The rumor now is that Justin Timberlake and the investors that bought Mirimichi has now bought the course.  The word is that they are even going to drop the playing price.  This has been the problem with low turnout the entire time but no one ever dropped the price.  I am ECSTATIC about this because I absolutely love the course.  I can't wait for this to take place (hopefully it's not just a rumor).   This is what I need to get me back into golfing like I used to!!

You just hope to see Justin Timberlake on the golf course. Stalker.

I'm kidding. Sounds like it could be just what they need there. Hope it all works out for the best!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Aways good to see! :)

My course has had a boast too just recently, there's an Olympic Legacy fund to promote grass root sports in the UK, my course has secured £50000 from them, the only course in County Durham to have been granted cash from the scheme I think!

Dabz

Glad to hear it. I know it would suck if one of my favorites got shut down so I'm glad to hear that it looks like you are getting your favorite back.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by iacas

You just hope to see Justin Timberlake on the golf course. Stalker.

I'm kidding. Sounds like it could be just what they need there. Hope it all works out for the best!

Absolutely...like a giddy school girl...haha!

Maybe it will, but I'm not getting my hopes too high until I see some progress

Bryan A

Outstanding!  I remember how bummed you were when they closed down.  That's GREAT news!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Outstanding!  I remember how bummed you were when they closed down.  That's GREAT news!

Yeah.  It's such a nice place and it's about 15 minutes from my house.  Once they shut it down, all of my friends (me included) slowly fell away from the game.  It wasn't the only local one that closed.  There is just one left that is nearby and it's really short.  I'm pretty much a driver, short iron in on all holes except one or two. So I'm hoping that next year it will open up and I'll get my motivation back.  I'm having some golf withdrawals and getting the golf gear magazines in the mail every month doesn't help...haha!

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 3880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!