IGNORED

2013 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started a cooking thread on this forum. It didn't get much love. :-\

It got more than my maple syrup thread...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by 9iron

Can someone translate what Dottie is saying?

What do you expect from Pepper?

I say this in a light-hearted way - in PepperSpeak,

We got screwed by the officials for a bad ruling and the amount of time it took (they halted the momentum of the team).

The Euros cheated (Annika walked the line on the "advice" rule).

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Dottie Pepper says the Solheim Cup needs fixing

http://w.espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9584827/espnw-dottie-pepper-says-solheim-cup-needs-fixing

Had to pass along one of the comments from that article:

Quote:
I think we should change the format so the US has a chance in 2015. I propose:

Friday PM - best nails.
Saturday AM - prettiest hair.
Saturday PM - Tweet off.
Sunday AM - evening gowns.

I don't think the face painting and ribbons is why they lost (they've won many times since they started doing that), but still thought that was funny.

Bill

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Had to pass along one of the comments from that article:

I don't think the face painting and ribbons is why they lost (they've won many times since they started doing that), but still thought that was funny.

Let's add

Best Putting Pose

Best Ribbons

Best Face Painting

Can't forget the important stuff...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

What do you expect from Pepper?

I say this in a light-hearted way - in PepperSpeak,

We got screwed by the officials for a bad ruling and the amount of time it took (they halted the momentum of the team).

The Euros cheated (Annika walked the line on the "advice" rule).

As a matter of fact the officials did blow the call after taking 27 minutes to evaluate the situation and they did allow Cigainda to play from a position she was not entitled to play form..  Also Annika did violate the advice rule so I think what Dottie Pepper was correct.   I don't believe however, that is why the US lost, they just got outplayed.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

As a matter of fact the officials did blow the call after taking 27 minutes to evaluate the situation and they did allow Cigainda to play from a position she was not entitled to play form..  Also Annika did violate the advice rule so I think what Dottie Pepper was correct.   I don't believe however, that is why the US lost, they just got outplayed.

Exactly ...  when you look at the final score, you think, heck, 1-3 more points would not have made a difference.

The Americans blew that hole with the long delay, and I think it was key to that match -  momentum changing. The US had an eagle chance from off the fringe, and a birdie opportunity while the Euros were flailing in the bush, but they halved that hole. But lets say the score would have been 8.5-7.5 on Saturday night instead of 10.5-5.5. It is a big psychological difference. But the Euros still routed the US in singles by picking up 7.5 points on Sunday.

As to Annika, she was known for pressing the rules a few times on Tour.

I wonder if younger players and rookies are more suited to team play than veterans (with exceptions of course). Maybe the young ones feel like they have something to prove. Or maybe the veterans just have more diverse priorities like most people as they get older. Just seems that the rookies play with more tenacity at this event. Has anyone had the same observation ?

I guess my last comment on this thread is that I do believe the Americans gave it 100%. To say the Americans didn't take the golf serious and didn't give it their best is just wrong.  Yes there was some less than "in etiquette" behavior and the rules officials made a mess of what should have been a couple of simple calls by taking too long and getting one wrong even after the undue delay.   Yes the American team did have more makeup on and they did dress less conservative than the Euros, but I doubt any of that was the difference.  I believe they gave it their best and are probably heart broken at the loss and they deserve our support instead of focus on petty stuff.  In my opinion they just ran into a "buzz saw".  If the American team had dressed conservatively, didn't wear makeup, observed all the proper etiquette, and the officials had gotten all the calls correct and in 5 minutes it should have taken, the Americans would have still gotten an A$$ Whooping.  The Europeans raised their game (especially the short game) and were dropping putts from everywhere. Surely some of you have run into a competitor that just keep dropping putts and even though you're playing well you get beat.  It is frustrating, but that's golf.  I can't imagine what that would be like on a stage like the Solheim Cup, but its gotta hurt.

Butch

I guess my last comment on this thread is that I do believe the Americans gave it 100%. To say the Americans didn't take the golf serious and didn't give it their best is just wrong.  Yes there was some less than "in etiquette" behavior and the rules officials made a mess of what should have been a couple of simple calls by taking too long and getting one wrong even after the undue delay.   Yes the American team did have more makeup on and they did dress less conservative than the Euros, but I doubt any of that was the difference.  I believe they gave it their best and are probably heart broken at the loss and they deserve our support instead of focus on petty stuff.  In my opinion they just ran into a "buzz saw".  If the American team had dressed conservatively, didn't wear makeup, observed all the proper etiquette, and the officials had gotten all the calls correct and in 5 minutes it should have taken, the Americans would have still gotten an A$$ Whooping.  The Europeans raised their game (especially the short game) and were dropping putts from everywhere. Surely some of you have run into a competitor that just keep dropping putts and even though you're playing well you get beat.  It is frustrating, but that's golf.  I can't imagine what that would be like on a stage like the Solheim Cup, but its gotta hurt.

That pretty much sums it up. I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by Dave40

I wonder if younger players and rookies are more suited to team play than veterans (with exceptions of course). Maybe the young ones feel like they have something to prove. Or maybe the veterans just have more diverse priorities like most people as they get older. Just seems that the rookies play with more tenacity at this event.

Has anyone had the same observation ?

This is not a new trend though, its been happening for years.

Remember like 10 years ago, Paula Creamer (as a rookie) beat the pants off Laurie Davies, on Euro soil too.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Let's add

Best Putting Pose

Best Ribbons

Best Face Painting

Can't forget the important stuff...

Hah!! If we got points for fist pumps we'd have taken it by 15 points.

well thanks,

as evreybody knows golf is very easy and simple game,

here is Ian Poulter's advices for Ryder Cup and Solheim Cup,

Please enjoy,

Poults’ guide to winning the Solheim Cup*

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
All important. Make sure you arrive for your opening day of practice in your flashiest motor. Meanwhile, I need to get you some time with my tailor.

PRESS CONFERENCES
Always remember that playing America is about more than golf. Tell them you want to kill those guys. Destroy them. Nuke their country to bits. Literally.

FANS
Sometimes people shout during your backswing. I always find a Taser helps in those situations. After that, mashed potato is all they’ll be able to eat.

CELEBRATIONS
Many just do a little wave. Me, I charge around like a deranged killer. It’s all about the psychological edge.

*as imagined by Jonathan Liew

thanks in advance,

Anna

Ps. nice to beat you

Originally Posted by Anna

well thanks,

as evreybody knows golf is very easy and simple game,

here is Ian Poulter's advices for Ryder Cup and Solheim Cup,

Please enjoy,

Poults’ guide to winning the Solheim Cup*

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

All important. Make sure you arrive for your opening day of practice in your flashiest motor. Meanwhile, I need to get you some time with my tailor.

PRESS CONFERENCES

Always remember that playing America is about more than golf. Tell them you want to kill those guys. Destroy them. Nuke their country to bits. Literally.

FANS

Sometimes people shout during your backswing. I always find a Taser helps in those situations. After that, mashed potato is all they’ll be able to eat.

CELEBRATIONS

Many just do a little wave. Me, I charge around like a deranged killer. It’s all about the psychological edge.

*as imagined by Jonathan Liew

thanks in advance,

Anna

Ps. nice to beat you

Lovely!! Had a great laugh.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/82020/] [/URL] Check out the woman in the back ground LOL

"Studies show that extreme celebrating causes high blood pressure that may lead to heart attacks or strokes." Wah, wah,Wah! Said in Debbie Downer's voice.

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!