• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GHIN0011458

Upcoming Tournaments in your area?

20 posts in this topic

So I just posted about 5 minutes ago that I would wait until next season but said screw it, this could be an ongoing thread right?

I am looking for the following tournaments all year long:

1) Individual Stroke Play events

2) One Person Scrambles

3) Cash Scrambles

4) Calcutta Tournaments

If you guys hear of anything coming up let us know.. lets get some traveling going on.

Here is my example:

I have a 2 person Cash Scramble coming up at Innsbrook Resort in Wright City, MO on August 24.

I have an individual club championship coming up in Waterloo IL at Annbriar golf course on September 21st.

And Sunday I have a 27 hole individual event that pays some good cash at Birch Creek Golf Course in Union, MO

To be honest I don't know of anything like that at all in our area. Once a year we have the city men's championship that lasts a week, but as for other stuff I haven't seen/heard of anything.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

To be honest I don't know of anything like that at all in our area. Once a year we have the city men's championship that lasts a week, but as for other stuff I haven't seen/heard of anything.

Really? No Cash tournaments.. those are the best because you have a chance to get paid to play on those days.

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

Really? No Cash tournaments.. those are the best because you have a chance to get paid to play on those days.

The only things I saw when I did a quick search were about 2 hours away. But those are also amature competitions so I don't think they can pay out anyway. Either way, I'm not good enough to get into anything like that. Only handicapped one I know of was the city tournament that happens in June here. I may try my hand at that one next year if I can get even a little more consistent with my game.

If it is flighted, I say go for it.. you never know where you might fall. I want to play a full schedule of amateur events next year around 20 events hopefully and see where I can get. First I need to win a club championship here or there or qualify for something. Making a cut at a pro event I played in this year is a goal for me too.

So I just posted about 5 minutes ago that I would wait until next season but said screw it, this could be an ongoing thread right?

2) One Person Scrambles

3) Cash Scrambles

4) Calcutta Tournaments

If you guys hear of anything coming up let us know.. lets get some traveling going on.

And just which Rule is it that we need to concern ourselves with?

Originally Posted by Rulesman

And just which Rule is it that we need to concern ourselves with?

Rofl, I didn't even notice he posted in the wrong thread.

Calm down Rulesman, I am new and put it in the wrong thread and people responded to it. I reposted in golf talk.. Obviously you are the guy that is all about rules and this must have pushed your buttons being in the wrong room. Sorry about that.

I think the vast majority of us probably use the 'new posts' function and hence, have no idea which sub-forum we are in at any given time.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I think the vast majority of us probably use the 'new posts' function and hence, have no idea which sub-forum we are in at any given time.

That is why we have Rulesman- We need him around this joint.

2) One Person Scrambles

3) Cash Scrambles

4) Calcutta Tournaments

I gotta ask....what is a "one person scramble"?!

Originally Posted by David in FL

I gotta ask....what is a "one person scramble"?!

Ya thats what I was wondering? WTF?

Calm down Rulesman, I am new and put it in the wrong thread and people responded to it. I reposted in golf talk.. Obviously you are the guy that is all about rules and this must have pushed your buttons being in the wrong room. Sorry about that.

Next time, don't just repost it. Send one of us mods/admins a PM or even flag it as spam. I deleted the other thread, and am moving this one to Golf Talk.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Ya thats what I was wondering? WTF?

LOL Really you guys have never heard of a one person scrable.. there are a couple of formats but basically it is one person who gets two shots on every shot including putts. The only trick is that if you hit a second shot, you must take it most of the time. But I have played some where the drive is the only one that if you hit a second drive, you have to take it and get two shots from all other areas. It is like having a free mulligan on every shot. they are my favorite

LOL Really you guys have never heard of a one person scrable.. there are a couple of formats but basically it is one person who gets two shots on every shot including putts. The only trick is that if you hit a second shot, you must take it most of the time. But I have played some where the drive is the only one that if you hit a second drive, you have to take it and get two shots from all other areas. It is like having a free mulligan on every shot. they are my favorite

Nope, never heard of it before.  But then, I tend to completely tune out anything related to any kind of scramble format......

Whys that? 4 person is the only one I stay away from