IGNORED

Do you play any musical instrument(s)?

orange_sae
Note: This thread is 5928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

but I got to the point where I hated the music industry. I wanted to love music again so I left the BIZ and chased other dreams. I still do some recording though.

Dude, I know what you mean. There is this movie trailer I keep seeing where Robin Williams says "to be a musician means that you can't live without it! you must eat it, breathe it. . . bla bla bla"

My wife and I are Opera Singers and we looked at each other and said "clearly NOT a pro musician!" Keeping our non music lives (golf) active keep us sane. BTW we just stayed in St Pete's while we did some Beethoven 9th's with Florida Orchestra, or Tampa Orchestra, or whatever it is. . . SOOO nice in St. Pete's!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play guitar and drums. Make that I try to play guitar and drums when the wife and 2 kids will let me! I have a MIM Fender Strat, Traynor 80w 2x12 tube amp and a 7 piece Tama Rockstar Custom drumkit with Paiste Alpha cymbals (and a Wuhan china). I used to also have a Schecter C1 Classic, but I sold it to pay for my golf clubs. I dropped a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker and white pearl pickguard in the Strat and also replaced the neck, tuners and trem block to hot rod it a little bit.
Here she is:

And the amp:

And some of my effects:

And my former C1 Classic:

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

nice rigs!

i play an american fender strat with lace sensor pickups and a martin 6 string. i have no pics unfortunately. i also have a fender stage lead 2-12 solid state amp that has been beaten up on tour, but still works. mostly, i plug right into the pa system and use a nice multi-effects boss pedal. i forget which one though.

What's in my bag:
and Spalding...Old clubs...probably from the 70's
Go Gators!
I play music too: http://www.myspace.com/therecycledcitizen

I just sorta dabble with the guitar. I'd like to think of myself as a musician, but all I really do is play along with my favorite songs (mostly zeppelin tunes), or whatever's on the radio, because I don't really have anyone to jam with. In high school though, whichever band I played with, we won every battle of the bands or any talent show we entered, but we just played covers, and we appealed to the 40ish judges by playing classic rock tunes. My entire life I've only written one song, which is really just a jam, but with the right drummer I can come up with some interesting other parts and stretch it out to about 12 minutes. I'm not really sure if there's a fine line between playing guitar and actually being a musician, but I've see how musicians play and it's so freakin' amazing how nonchalante they come up with stuff I wish I'd thought of, so I guess you can say I just like to jam covers and maybe spontaneously come up with quasi-original riffs. I think I'm a better at golf than I am at guitar.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting how golfers like guitars, isn't it? My ax is a Fender SRV Signature. . . Love to play it in the apartment with the phones on!

..ain't it the truth...must be 'cuz they both are hard to master!!!

if anyones' interested in hearing a killer player, do Youtube for Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush... I've been following FM since the 70s..the man is amazing on that SG... in my dreams can I match that talentr...and he started out a drummer

Classical guitar is great. I've been trying to learn it for five years now and just spend too much time practicing golf instead but winter is here now, Guitar will be dusted and played.

Jennifer
--------------------
What's in my bag:
Nickent 4DX 9 deg V2 stiff driver
Tour Edge CB2 15 deg stiff fairway woodTour Edge #2,3,4 Tour Bazooka Hybrid (always take one out of the bag depending on the course)Soon: Adams Idea Pro 3+ 4+Tour Edge 5-PW Irons graphite regularSoon: Taylormade...

Yeah, nothing beats a great classical guitar!

Especially when KG busts out some Bach in a Tenacious D song!

Did anyone see PRINCE shred the halftime show last year. Geez that guy is good. Awesome live solo in the pouring rain! Prince rules!

Did anyone see PRINCE shred the halftime show last year. Geez that guy is good. Awesome live solo in the pouring rain! Prince rules!

Prince is a nut of the highest order, but he is probably the single most talented musician on the planet. He makes just about everybody else look like amatuers.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Last week someone suggested that as far as the 80's went, people were polarized in either the PRINCE camp, or the MICHAEL JACKSON camp.

I gotta admit I loved Jackson (the night that Thriller played on TV was so great)

But now, I look forward to every time I can see Prince perform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been playing guitar since I was 12. I have:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Classic
Ibanez Bass
Martin Acoustic

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

I played the piano when I was younger, My son and daughter are learning. I have my mom's piano, a Yamaha upright that is about 45 years old and still looks new with a beautiful glossy black finish.

My brother-in-laws is a gifted piano player.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!