IGNORED

Pre-Play Stretches

txaggie84
Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, so I've been laid up with a bad rib muscle for 2 weeks and it is finally getting better but I still feel like I'm a week or two from being able to swing again.  This all came about because of my newfound infatuation with this game and a new set of clubs which I love to swing.  Was hitting about 100 balls/day on the range when it started.

My question is, what sort of stretching exercise can I do pre-round to keep from pullling this muscle in the future?  What other muscles should I worry about warming up?  I've been fortunate not to ever have back problems and would like to keep it that way.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How about trying this:

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

This link shows golf warm-up - and cool-down - routines for golfers. This comes from Kevin Hensel's personal training site:

http://www.fitness-nutrition-weightloss.com/golf-warm-up-exercises.html

I trimmed out some of the motivational paragraphs, and have the step-by-step portion inside a protective sleeve in my golf bag. The four activities involve dynamic stretches which warm up the muscles, and make purposeful motions related to the golf swing. These are not harsh static stretches, like hurdler's stretches.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!