IGNORED

Have a nice cart bag but want to walk

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a nice Callaway golf bag that's cart style a couple years ago before I was serious about golf or knew what I was buying

It stands up OK on most turf but has tipped over. I'm pretty strong so carrying it isn't that big of a deal

Should I use it or try to find some kind of stand for converting cart bags to walking bags? Or should I just sell it and buy a lighter bag with a built in stand for walking the course?

Thanks for any comments

I have a ping cart bag as well as a hoofer carrying bag. I find it easy to switch my clubs from one to the other, usually will wait and clean the clubs and transfer. Its been raining so much that it is almost faster to walk than to do the cart path only.
Imo I would buy a new carrying bag. After 18 holes you will find it easier to have a double strapped bag that is smaller than a cart bag.
Lawson

905R fujikura 27.5
X 15 degree
MP 60
Oil Can 53 & 56
Trusty Rusty 61 Circa 62 #6 pro v1

You could always get a pull cart.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

If you want to carry your bag, then sell the old and buy new. My recommendation would be ping (though i do not own one). I would definately not buy a walter hagen carry bag. If you have questions of bags, feel free to ask me as i do know a lot about them.
If you do not want to carry your bag but want to walk, just get a cart thing. I do not know much about these, but they work.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

If you want to carry your bag, then sell the old and buy new. My recommendation would be ping (though i do not own one). I would definately not buy a walter hagen carry bag. If you have questions of bags, feel free to ask me as i do know a lot about them.

Tell me more about the Ping bags and why you recommend them please

Im actually looking for a new cart bag, one of the zipper's on mine is broken and its getting old and worn out in general. Im looking for a brand that isn't a club brand. Like Ogio, or Ozio is it?

I love to hate this damn game.

• Administrator
Im actually looking for a new cart bag, one of the zipper's on mine is broken and its getting old and worn out in general. Im looking for a brand that isn't a club brand. Like Ogio, or Ozio is it?

I have an Ogio... whatever. Atlas comes to mind. It's done all I could ask of it. It's reasonably stylish, has good sized and accessible pockets, individual slots for clubs (and a 15th for... a ball retriever? I dunno).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You have mostly Callaway clubs. The bag I have is a great looking black-on-black Callaway that's very comfortable. Retailed for $170 when I bought it a couple years back and in great shape.

If you change your mind let me know

I have an Ogio Octane (I'm pretty sure that's what the model is) and it is extremely light and has a nice organizer system as well as a lot of pockets.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!